Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the correct way to get recently played podcasts?

What is the correct way to get recently played podcasts?

The "recently played tracks" endpoint excludes podcasts for some reason; is there any sanctioned way to acquire the recently played podcasts as well to get a more well rounded report of recently played content? 

5 Replies

Woof woof, howl are you?

You can get your recently played Spotify podcasts by following these steps:

1. Open the Spotify app on your device and log in to your account.
  2. Tap on the "Home" button located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  3. Scroll down to the "Recently Played" section, which should be located near the top of the screen.
  4. If you see a podcast that you recently played, tap on it to listen to it again.

If you're looking for a more well-rounded report of your recently played content on Spotify, you can use the "Listening History" feature. Here's how to find it:

1. Open the Spotify app on your device and log in to your account.
  2. Tap on the "Your Library" button located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  3. Tap on the "History" tab located at the top of the screen.
  4. You should now see a list of all the tracks, albums, and podcasts that you've recently played on Spotify.

From here, you can tap on any of the items in the list to listen to them again. You can also filter your listening history by selecting the "Filter" button at the top of the screen, which allows you to narrow down your results by date, platform, and more.

Keep me pupdated,

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the enthusiastic help, however that wasn't quite what I was looking for. To clarify my original post, I meant how does one get their recently played podcasts via an API. I'm attempting to develop and app that informs users of their podcast habits.

My apawlogies sorry for the confusion, I understand now.

You are correct that the "recently played tracks" endpoint in the Spotify Web API excludes podcasts. However, you can still retrieve a user's recently played podcasts using the "Get User's Recently Played Episodes" endpoint.

To access this endpoint, you will need to authenticate your app with Spotify and make a GET request to the following endpoint:

https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recently-played?type=episode&limit=10

This will return a list of the 10 most recently played episodes, including podcasts, for the authenticated user. Each episode object in the response will contain information about the episode, including the name, description, duration, and the podcast it belongs to.

Keep in mind that this endpoint will only return the most recently played episodes, so if you need a more comprehensive report of a user's podcast listening history, you may need to use a third-party service or tool that is designed for this purpose.

Lets keep this from going to the dogs, keep me in the loop!

-Prague the Dog

P.S. If and when you get it running PM me with a link, would love to be a supporter/user!

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Prague, there isn't an option to search by type 'episode.' That endpoint results in this error: 
{
"error": {
"status": 400,
"message": "Bad type field, must be any of [track]"
}
}

martin, prague, 

just wondering if you ever solved this?

tim

Suggested posts