Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

Web Playback SDK not playing on iOS 15

Web Playback SDK doesn't work on iOS 15.Works on older iOS versions (tested on 12.5.5, was working on 14) as well as various Android versions.The playback is transferred to the device in the browser but does not play or resume even when using activat...

• Casual Listener
  • Web Playback SDK doesn't work on iOS 15. Works on older iOS versions (tested on 12.5.5, was working on 14) as well as various Android versions. The playback is transferred to the device in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bookmark Manager App for Android

PlanPremium Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi. I created a small free Bookmark Manager for Android called boomfs. It let's you create, edit and remove Bookmarks for an albums (I use it mostly for Audio Books) but works also for podcast e...

• Plan Premium   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi.    I created a small free Bookmark Manager for Android called boomfs.  It let's you create, edit a...
  • DJ0576
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    bookmarks
    Free
    Tool
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Individual Track Popularity on "Get multiple Albums" Endpoint

I've been looking into developing a web-app with Spotify and noticed that there is a key difference in API responses for Tracks between different endpoints. When I fetch a list of Tracks from, say, the Playlist endpoint or Fetch Multiple Tracks endpo...

• I've been looking into developing a web-app with Spotify and noticed that there is a key difference in API responses for Tracks between different endpoints. When I fetch a list of Tracks from, say, t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Able to obtain access token without providing the necessary headers

DeviceRedmi Note 7 Pro Operating SystemAndroid 10 My IssueThe request access token section of the Authorization Code Flow mentions that Authorization and Content-Type headers are required. However, even if I don't include these headers in my Flutter ...

• Device Redmi Note 7 Pro   Operating System Android 10   My Issue The request access token section of the Authorization Code Flow mentions that Authorization and Content-Type headers ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Invalid redirect URI after authorization

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueHello, I am trying to show my current playing song from Spotify on my portfolio, however, after authorizing with Spotify I get the error shown in the atta...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Hello,   I am trying to show my current playing song from Spotify on my...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not playing on Apple Watch

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceApple Watch (AW) 6 Cellular My Question or IssueSpotify will not play on my AW 6 Cellular. When I try to switch from IPhone to AW, I keep getting an error message that reads "Something went wrong. Cehck your connection and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Apple Watch (AW) 6 Cellular   My Question or Issue Spotify will not play on my AW 6 Cellular. When I try to switch from IPhone to AW, I keep getting an er...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auth flow stopped working

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDevicen/aOperating SystemLinuxMy Question or IssueSince this week our application stopped working. We're using the spotify SDK and use a client id created in the account I'm also posting with on this forum.When a user in ...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device n/a Operating System Linux My Question or Issue Since this week our application stopped working. We're using the spotify SDK and use a client id cre...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authorization
    SDK
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

A new JavaScript wrapper for the Web API

Hi all In the past months, I've been working on a toolbelt for the Web API. Today marks the initial release of the core library - a lightweight, strongly typed wrapper for the Web API with many convenience methods - as well as some utility packages f...

• Hi all   In the past months, I've been working on a toolbelt for the Web API. Today marks the initial release of the core library - a lightweight, strongly typed wrapper for the Web API with m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Did I submit quota extension request?

PlanN/ACountry DeviceN/AOperating SystemN/A My Question or Issue I submitted quota extension request via the dashboard and didn't get a confirmation that request was submitted. Am I supposed to received some sort of confirmation that the request was ...

• Plan N/A Country   Device N/A Operating System N/A   My Question or Issue   I submitted quota extension request via the dashboard and didn't get a confirmation that request ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for 3rd party apps such as Jukestar

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssuePlease read this article as it is surprising that Spotify does not allow this interaction whe...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Please ...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Jukestar allow 3rd party apps
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify authorization?

I'm trying to set up a simple shortcut to add the current playing Spotify track to a spotify playlist to keep record of the ones I like when I hear them on the flow.I'm using applescript that for.What I've found so far is that there are Spotify APIs ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to set up a simple shortcut to add the current playing Spotify track to a spotify playlist to keep record of the ones I like when I hear them on the flow. I'm using applescript that fo...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get track using genre

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceOperating System My Question or IssueHi, I am used genre in this apihttps://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=genre%3Asummer&type=track&offset=0&limit=20 for getting artist and track result empty.{ "tracks": { "href": "https:/...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country India Device Operating System   My Question or Issue Hi,   I am used  genre in this api https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=genre%3Asummer&type=tra...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist followers count in search API

Hello,I have integrated spotify API in a sample python application. I just use the search API to search for playlists. I'm getting most of the data from the search API. However to get followers of a playlist I have to call separate API to get playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have integrated spotify API in a sample python application. I just use the search API to search for playlists. I'm getting most of the data from the search API. However to get followers o...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer API
    Search API
    Search Playlist
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

resolve

headers = {"Authorization" : "application/json"}endpoint = "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search"data = urlencode({"type":"album","include_external":"audio"})print(data),lookup_url = f"{endpoint}?{data}"print(lookup_url)r= requests.get(lookup_url, data=...

• Visitor
  • headers = { "Authorization" : "application/json" } endpoint = "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search" data = urlencode({"type":"album","include_external":"audio"}) print(data), lookup_url = f"{endp...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "User not registered in the Developer Dashboard" error with additional users on app

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyOperating System(Windows 11) My Question or Issue Hi, I'm using OAuth for my client side app made with Nextjs. I can make requests to the api after authentication with my account but other users cannot and the error is i get ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Operating System (Windows 11)   My Question or Issue   Hi, I'm using OAuth for my client side app made with Nextjs. I can make requests to the ...
  • Emmamarg
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Has Anyone developed a web API or app to auto refill playlist and artist metadata?

Has Anyone developed a web API or app to auto refill playlist and artist metadata to combat false / malicious repeated playlist reporting from bots, etc? For a while Spotify has allowed false reporting to go on and automatically takes down the playli...

• Regular
  • Has Anyone developed a web API or app to auto refill playlist and artist metadata to combat false / malicious repeated playlist reporting from bots, etc? For a while Spotify has allowed false reporti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Pricing
    App Development
    False
    metadata
    Metadata correction
    Playlist naming
    Removal
    reporting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Field filters using operators

Hi!How can I use in a query that includes filters like genre an operator? I want to get from the "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search" endpoint all the songs matching a keyword that are in at least 1 of the genres that I include in the search. Searchin...

• Hi! How can I use in a query that includes filters like genre an operator? I want to get from the "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search" endpoint all the songs matching a keyword that are in at le...
  • mrmikopi
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • genre
    Query
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Extended Quota

Hi, we've an application (website A) where artists can generate landing pages (website B) where users can pre save their songs.Do we need to review website A or website B? If the answer si website B, which "application url" do we need to provide? Is ...

• Hi, we've an application (website A) where artists can generate landing pages (website B) where users can pre save their songs. Do we need to review website A or website B? If the answer si website ...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio features null

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Lately many new added tracks have { "audio_features": [ null ] }So there is no information on any of the audio features.I've never encountered this issue before since I keep track of my play history for the last three years. For...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA     Lately many new added tracks have { "audio_features": [ null ] } So there is no information on any of the audio features. I've never encoun...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Extended quota rejected

Hey,We have a website in development where musicians can present their songs to curators. The curators write a feedback to the song. In return they get a small amount of money.If the curator wants, he can add the song 100% voluntarily (no compulsion)...

• Regular
  • Hey, We have a website in development where musicians can present their songs to curators. The curators write a feedback to the song. In return they get a small amount of money. If the curator ...
  • Rotate99
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes