Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• adilanchian
  • Regular
  • 166 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 166 replies
  • 21 likes

WebPlaybackSDK Refresh Token

When first initializing the WebPlaybackSDK, we are provided with a getOAuthToken property that returns a callback that accepts the access token as the only argument. Would we use the same callback function to provide a refreshed access_token? Doesn't...

• Casual Listener
  • When first initializing the WebPlaybackSDK, we are provided with a getOAuthToken property that returns a callback that accepts the access token as the only argument.   Would we use the same ca...
  • spottyottiedopa
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Order of related artists

When calling the Get an Artist's Related Artists endpoint of the Web API, you get a list of up to 20 artists that are similar to the artist specified in the call. Does the order of this list matter? Are the artists sorted by similarity to the origina...

• Visitor
  • When calling the Get an Artist's Related Artists endpoint of the Web API, you get a list of up to 20 artists that are similar to the artist specified in the call. Does the order of this list mat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Play Button Refreshes on a page while typing

Hi,Hope anyone reading this is safe and well.I'm currently developing using angular and embedding the play button in a modal. The modal has text fields and the play button in the iframe resets everytime I type in the fields on the page. So if the pla...

• Visitor
  • Hi, Hope anyone reading this is safe and well. I'm currently developing using angular and embedding the play button in a modal. The modal has text fields and the play button in the iframe resets ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Track object is not same in documentation as what is returned

If you look in the references for the documentation there are discrepancies in the track objects that are returned vs what is outlined with descriptions. The most notable is the difference of there being no "is_local" in the references.

• Casual Listener
  • If you look in the references for the documentation there are discrepancies in the track objects that are returned vs what is outlined with descriptions. The most notable is the difference of there b...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Object
    References
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I want to listen to music through api.

I want to listen to music through api. Currently, I can only listen to the review url and listen to it in advance for 30 seconds. Is there another way? (Use account is the default account.)

• Visitor
  • I want to listen to music through api. Currently, I can only listen to the review url and listen to it in advance for 30 seconds. Is there another way? (Use account is the default account.)
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is Spotify abusing its dominant position?

Since 3pm yesterday the Spotify Web API has stopped working on theauthorization endpoints. The only error returned is a 400 error code with noattached error description. Since I’m using Spotify as the onlyauthentication method in my app, it’s crashin...

• Music Fan
  • Since 3pm yesterday the Spotify Web API has stopped working on the authorization endpoints. The only error returned is a 400 error code with no attached error description. Since I’m using Spotify a...
  • BagJason
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    Issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Are Tokens Required?

Hey Everyone, I am currently creating a website that uses Spotify API to search for trackshttps://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=${track}%20${artist}&type=track is the urlI have been able to do this successfully using code that prompts the user to sign ...

• Visitor
  • Hey Everyone,   I am currently creating a website that uses Spotify API to search for tracks https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=${track}%20${artist}&type=track is the url I have bee...
  • jbtwaalf
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Socket Hang Up Error

Hi everyone,I'm receiving the 'Socket Hang Up' error when my app is running for almost a day. I'm requesting things to Spotify hourly, and most of the time the app runs smoothly. The error happens when I start requesting after 7-8 hours I turned on m...

• Music Fan
  • Hi everyone, I'm receiving the 'Socket Hang Up' error when my app is running for almost a day. I'm requesting things to Spotify hourly, and most of the time the app runs smoothly. The error happens ...
  • M4tr1k
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Long URIs

Is there any logic as to when one needs to provide the fully qualified version of a URI (e.g. including the "spotify:track:" prefix)? I've been developing Haskell bindings to the Web API, and have just found that, for example, getting a track require...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there any logic as to when one needs to provide the fully qualified version of a URI (e.g. including the "spotify:track:" prefix)?   I've been developing Haskell bindings to the Web API, an...
  • george_____t
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Audio Analysis endpoint type changes

The type of multiple values in the audio-analysis endpoint changed. Timestamp and num_samples changed from int to string and analysis_sample_rate changed from int to float. Is this a bug or are these changes intended?

• The type of multiple values in the audio-analysis endpoint changed. Timestamp and num_samples changed from int to string and analysis_sample_rate changed from int to float. Is this a bug or are ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Commercial app request status

Hi,I submitted a request for commercial application approval last week but I didn't get any response of any kind. Just wondering if I could check the status of the request to make sure I submitted it correctly and to have a sense of how much it will ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I submitted a request for commercial application approval last week but I didn't get any response of any kind. Just wondering if I could check the status of the request to make sure I submitte...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Web playback SDK

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUK My Question or IssueCould I build a dual-use web player that can play back tracks stored on my own server and from Spotify servers?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country UK   My Question or Issue Could I build a dual-use web player that can play back tracks stored on my own server and from Spotify servers?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Want to build the Radio using spotify API

I wan to build the radio app. Automatically play the songs; if user doesn't like any song, user can skip it. Is it okay if my app keeps the user history what songs are skipped; next time it doesn't play them plus app analyzes those songs and don't pl...

• Visitor
  • I wan to build the radio app. Automatically play the songs; if user doesn't like any song, user can skip it. Is it okay if my app keeps the user history what songs are skipped; next time it doesn't p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • SpotifyConnect
    userprivacy
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting better API usage insights?

PlanPremium Operating SystemWeb Service My Question or IssueI have an application which generates a good amount of traffic to your API servers. There are thousandfold unique users every day (according to your dashboard). From the dashboard I can see ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Web Service   My Question or Issue I have an application which generates a good amount of traffic to your API servers. There are thousandfold unique u...
  • mherger
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Streaming SDK – Is API sunsetting for all 3rd-party clients, or only DJ Apps? [July 1, 2020]

PlanPremiumDeviceiOS My Question or Issue My App Store iOS app has been using the streaming SDK (the official, but now-deprecated, iOS Streaming SDK) since it was released in 2014, to provide users with more advanced equalizer settings than are avail...

• Plan Premium Device iOS   My Question or Issue   My App Store iOS app has been using the streaming SDK (the official, but now-deprecated, iOS Streaming SDK) since it was released in ...
  • SonaliM_JAM
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • iOS
    streaming
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

API get currently playing track return empty

My question is about Web API, here is the steps Step to re-produce I open desktop appI play a song "A"then I stop and leave it about 30 minutesThen I used postman to call API to get playing track => it returns 204 No ContentExpectation It was suppose...

• Regular
  • My question is about Web API, here is the steps   Step to re-produce   I open desktop app I play a song "A" then I stop and leave it about 30 minutes Then I used postman to call API...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Creating App like Tik Tok

My Question or IssueHi I am a mobile app developer and trying to integrate Spotify in my mobile app. Is it legal to create a Tik tok like app where users can create videos with songs from Spotify in my app?

• Visitor
  •   My Question or Issue Hi I am a mobile app developer and trying to integrate Spotify in my mobile app. Is it legal to create a Tik tok like app where users can create videos with songs from S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer question integrating spotify in mobile app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Streaming SDK Discontinuation of service date

Hi, I know the old iOS Streaming SDK has been deprecated and removed from Github. I have an existing app in the app store that uses this and I'm wondering how much time I have to migrate to the new SDK before streaming stops working in my app. I assu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I know the old iOS Streaming SDK has been deprecated and removed from Github.  I have an existing app in the app store that uses this and I'm wondering how much time I have to migra...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • iOS
    Streaming SDK
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes