Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Naianasha
  • Music Fan
  • 133 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 133 replies
  • 20 likes

Can I use Spotify APIs in my tutorial?

Hi, I'm a data analyst and lately I have been working on a data analysis tutorial which I look forward to monetize. I just wanted to understand if I could teach using the Spotify APIs?

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm a data analyst and lately I have been working on a data analysis tutorial which I look forward to monetize. I just wanted to understand if I could teach using the Spotify APIs?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • legal
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Query search work on spotify app, but not when i use API

Hello, I'm trying to use the Spotify API to get some informations about a specific sound.I have the track title and artist, so I'm using the search item endpoint.My example is to find the title "Balayer" by "13 Block". When I go on https://developer....

• Regular
  • Hello,   I'm trying to use the Spotify API to get some informations about a specific sound. I have the track title and artist, so I'm using the search item endpoint. My example is to find th...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using API With Ads

Can I make a simple app using Spotify APIs and show some ads ?? When I make a new app in the dashboard there is the option to set as an commercial app but I Don’t work in a company and I don’t know how to fill some of the other fields.

• Can I make a simple app using Spotify APIs and show some ads ?? When I make a new app in the dashboard there is the option to set as an commercial app but I Don’t work in a company and I don’t know h...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Tracking Spotify Usage Statistics

I'm planning to develop a Chrome extension with the Spotify API that requires usage statistics pertaining to how long a user listens to music every day. This is possible?

• Visitor
  • I'm planning to develop a Chrome extension with the Spotify API that requires usage statistics pertaining to how long a user listens to music every day. This is possible?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paging object - "total" Key not matching items.length()

Attempting a search request.I receive a proper response. However, the "total" attribute does not match the length of the "items" attribute (array). What does the "total" attribute represent, if not the total size of the "items" array?Docs [https://de...

• Visitor
  • Attempting a search request. I receive a proper response. However, the "total" attribute does not match the length of the "items" attribute (array).   What does the "total" attribute represen...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add widget to my website

Dear developers, I tried to add the widget to my blog but wouldn't be able to create it as my link is invalid. It would be great to get your help here. My show link is https://open.spotify.com/show/0rFtSdsqWs3iZughaP0tbd

• Casual Listener
  • Dear developers,   I tried to add the widget to my blog but wouldn't be able to create it as my link is invalid. It would be great to get your help here. My show link is https://open.spot...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Widget
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to link a track without automatically playing it?

When a user taps a link to a standard track, using a web link or a deeplink, the track automatically starts to play in their Spotify App. Is there a way to link to the tracks without automatically playing them?

• Gig Goer
  • When a user taps a link to a standard track, using a web link or a deeplink, the track automatically starts to play in their Spotify App. Is there a way to link to the tracks without automatically pl...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web API 500 Internal Error when calling v1/me/player/play (inconsistently)

Premium account: This endpoint works fine 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time an internal error is returned and the request fails. Are developers working to solve this issue? On the repository there are similar issues regarding this. The earli...

• Gig Goer
  • Premium account: This endpoint works fine 75% of the time.   The other 25% of the time an internal error is returned and the request fails. Are developers working to solve this issue?   ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Could someone help me setting up the spotify API within an android app?

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue Hello, I've tried to setup the example/tutorial files here: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/android/ but it seems like some of the information is unclear/deprecated. I've tried mu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   Hello, I've tried to setup the example/tutorial files here: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/android...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

allow play back from a particular timestamp in the Android Remote SDK

Hey guys, was wondering if the Android SDK can allow this like the Web API already does. It would be great to allow playing a track from a starting position.This feature would improve experience in the following use case:The current hack involves cal...

• Gig Goer
  • Hey guys, was wondering if the Android SDK can allow this like the Web API already does. It would be great to allow playing a track from a starting position. This feature would improve experience in...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there anything I can use like Spotify WebPlayback on Android?

Since Android uses remote sdk, it is used by connecting to Spotify app. Is there any way to use it like web playback sdk?

• Visitor
  • Since Android uses remote sdk, it is used by connecting to Spotify app. Is there any way to use it like web playback sdk?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting Other Users' Top Artists/Top Tracks

It is possible to access the top tracks/artists of another user? I know authorization is required but how would that work for a separate user? For example, if I wanted to create a web app that compared my top tracks to my friends top tracks, is there...

• Visitor
  • It is possible to access the top tracks/artists of another user? I know authorization is required but how would that work for a separate user? For example, if I wanted to create a web app that compar...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Charts for podcasts by regions

There is currently spotifycharts.com to show top music for each country.Is there similar API/CSV download for podcasts? I cannot find any API endpoint for this.

• There is currently spotifycharts.com to show top music for each country. Is there similar API/CSV download for podcasts? I cannot find any API endpoint for this.
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • charts
    podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Remove a track from a playlist using API

I'm trying to delete a track from a playlist with python. But it gives an error by the authentication. First I thought it was the scopes but it is added to my apps if i look at my apps. So now i don't now what the problem is. This is my code:access_t...

• Regular
  • I'm trying to delete a track from a playlist with python. But it gives an error by the authentication. First I thought it was the scopes but it is added to my apps if i look at my apps. So now i don'...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently-played endpoint behaving weird

Hello everyone, I am working on this endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recently-played. I was wondering how much delay there is between the actual track listening (via UI) and the presence of the data in the API response. To check this i...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone, I am working on this endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recently-played.   I was wondering how much delay there is between the actual track listening (via UI) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • recently-played endpoint
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play button restrictions

I want to use the play button widget inside of a webview in a react native app. This app is going to be free but it will have advertisements. These are two of your restrictions: 1) Please note that the Spotify Play Button may not be used for commerci...

• Visitor
  • I want to use the play button widget inside of a webview in a react native app. This app is going to be free but it will have advertisements.   These are two of your restrictions:   1) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music reactive LED's using the Spotify API

I am using the Spotify API to make some music reactive LED's. At the moment i am making them blink on the bpm of the curently playing track and I noticed that they are a bit boring to look at and the beat is not allways what you want the LED's to rea...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the Spotify API to make some music reactive LED's. At the moment i am making them blink on the bpm of the curently playing track and I noticed that they are a bit boring to look at and the...
  • mattallmighty
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Rythm
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a version-specific URL that can be used for Spotify binaries for package managers?

The winget team from Microsoft has an issue where, when a new binary is uploaded to your servers, the SHA256 is invalidated.The original issue can be seen here:https://github.com/microsoft/winget-pkgs/issues/1293The URL to the installer can be found ...

• The winget team from Microsoft has an issue where, when a new binary is uploaded to your servers, the SHA256 is invalidated. The original issue can be seen here: https://github.com/microsoft/wing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unity AudioSource Playback Commercial Integration

Hello, Is there a way to stream songs on Spotify directly to Unity's AudioSource? It is for a commercial application.I'm making a visualiser application and to get the spectrum data from the song, it has to be playing on the AudioSource. It would be ...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   Is there a way to stream songs on Spotify directly to Unity's AudioSource? It is for a commercial application. I'm making a visualiser application and to get the spectrum data from t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BBC commercial app request

Hi,I've sent a commercial app request a month ago from this account in order to integrate the BBC Music Memories app with the Spotify API. I've searched the forum and I've found out that it's not possible to check the status of the application on the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've sent a commercial app request a month ago from this account in order to integrate the BBC Music Memories app with the Spotify API. I've searched the forum and I've found out that it's n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes