Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Naianasha
  • Gig Goer
  • 138 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 138 replies
  • 20 likes

Solved!! [API] is there a way to start playing a playlist from a specific song?

Hi , I'm building an app in android to control the spotify app in a phone. I'm pretending to connect it with a small app in a raspberry pi which will be in a car with a screen to pass songs / navigate playlists etc without using the phone So I've man...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi , I'm building an app in android to control the spotify app in a phone. I'm pretending to connect it with a small app in a raspberry pi which will be in a car with a screen to pass songs / navigat...
  • quesomss
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    raspberry
    Web API
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

rate limits

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issueı have a problem with rate limits is that okay if ı create 2 api application for my app

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System   (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • rate limit
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2 api application

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIs that okay if ı create 2 api application for my mobil application and web application?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Is that...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting on commercial approval for app

I submitted a Commercial Integration Application over a year ago and still haven't heard back. I'm trying to bring my app to the market soon and am just waiting on commerical approval. Can you give me an update? Thanks!

• Regular
  • I submitted a Commercial Integration Application over a year ago and still haven't heard back. I'm trying to bring my app to the market soon and am just waiting on commerical approval. Can you g...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • commercial license
    Commerical
    Developer question integrating spotify in mobile app
    developers
    development
    integration
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't find docs for some fields in audio analysis response

I'm using spotipy to hit the API's audio analysis endpoint, the response has dict_keys(['meta', 'track', 'bars', 'beats', 'sections', 'segments', 'tatums']) I referred to this page https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/tracks/...

• Visitor
  • I'm using spotipy to hit the API's audio analysis endpoint, the response has   dict_keys(['meta', 'track', 'bars', 'beats', 'sections', 'segments', 'tatums'])   I referred to this page&...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

API how can I search for public playlists?

My Question or Issue API how can I search for public playlists? 

• Casual Listener
  •       My Question or Issue   API how can I search for public playlists?  
  • rhrahulhaldar
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Support for removing Playlist description via the API

My Question or IssueI am trying to figure out how to remove the Playlist description via the API. I tried some combination that I thought it could: Attempt #1 Request body { "description": "" } Result: { "error": { "status": 400, "message": "Attribut...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I am trying to figure out how to remove the Playlist description via the API. I tried some combination that I thought it could:    Attempt #1   Request body...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution GET /v1/me/player/queue? and more functionality with POST /v1/me/player/queue?

Q1I'm wondering if there will be a GET /v1/me/player/queue in the near future? it would return the current queue state of the playback.Q2Right now there is POST /v1/me/player/queue and it will add the song to the end of the queue. Is there a way to a...

• Q1 I'm wondering if there will be a GET /v1/me/player/queue in the near future? it would return the current queue state of the playback. Q2 Right now there is POST /v1/me/player/queue an...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    playback
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Potential playback control for free users?

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaOperating SystemUbuntu My Question or IssueHey there. I am in the process of integrating the Spotify Web API into a project that enables synchronized listening of music among multiple people. The API is amazing and has been a p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Operating System Ubuntu   My Question or Issue Hey there. I am in the process of integrating the Spotify Web API into a project that enables synchronized list...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify & Shazam

Hi, Is here any developer, who could add to Spotify song recognition app (like Shazam)? I mean Shazam functionality in Spotify. Or, maybe, Spotify could make a partnership with Shazam? Or, maybe, there is such a functionality, but not available for e...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Is here any developer, who could add to Spotify song recognition app (like Shazam)? I mean Shazam functionality in Spotify.   Or, maybe, Spotify could make a partnership with Shaz...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

403 error on playback

client_credentials_manager = SpotifyClientCredentials() sp = spotipy.Spotify(client_credentials_manager=client_credentials_manager) I am using the above code to get client credentials, but when I try to play music I get the following error: HTTP Erro...

• Casual Listener
  •         client_credentials_manager = SpotifyClientCredentials() sp = spotipy.Spotify(client_credentials_manager=client_credentials_manager)         I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the rate limit?

What is the rate limit for this API?And if I would need to increase those requests for commercial purposes, where should I go?

• Regular
  • What is the rate limit for this API? And if I would need to increase those requests for commercial purposes, where should I go?
  • rhrahulhaldar
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Option for Commercial Integration seems to be missing

Normally when I'm creating a mock app, I would encounter an option to apply for commercial integration. That option seems to be missing. Is there any reason why? My app is ready and I would like to apply for commercial integration. How do I achieve t...

• Gig Goer
  • Normally when I'm creating a mock app, I would encounter an option to apply for commercial integration. That option seems to be missing. Is there any reason why? My app is ready and I would like to a...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] Duplicate Tracks for User's Recently Played Tracks

I've noticed that there is an ongoing bug for the recently played tracks endpoint in which the currently listening song, once done listening to, gets added at least twice when I change my device I am listening Spotify on. Play a song on my iPhone (XR...

Infinitay_0-1592534528782.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I've noticed that there is an ongoing bug for the recently played tracks endpoint in which the currently listening song, once done listening to, gets added at least twice when I change my device I am...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • bug
    devices
    duplicate
    listening
    Recently Played
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

API Search by Audio Features/Analysis

Hey! I love the API documentation, and I'm really digging the ability to fetch Spotify's advanced data about songs directly. It's amazing to have data about so many songs in a structured way! I'm wondering if it's feasible to search by any of these a...

• Hey!   I love the API documentation, and I'm really digging the ability to fetch Spotify's advanced data about songs directly. It's amazing to have data about so many songs in a structured way...
  • RoguePlanetoid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! [Connect] Recent update broke AppleScript for Spotify Connect (slightly)

Hi! It seems like a fairly recent update broke the reporting of currently playing track via AppleScript, when music is being played back using the Mac app, but from a different device - via Spotify Connect. It reports normally when music is played fr...

• Regular
  • Hi!  It seems like a fairly recent update broke the reporting of currently playing track via AppleScript, when music is being played back using the Mac app, but from a different device - via Sp...
  • rockets
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes

Spotify API search user

PlanPremiumOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi, I'm developing an android app. But i need spotify's user search API. But Spotify API doesn't provide a user search endpoint. I found a way to search users in my app and get the results. For t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm developing an android app. But i need spotify's user search API. But Spotify API doesn't provide a user search endpoint...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Discussion
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Login Timing Out

Hello! I have a developer account set up for users in my project to be able to sign in through Spotify, right now I have it connected locally, in a staging environment and in a production environment. It works fine on staging and locally, but every t...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I have a developer account set up for users in my project to be able to sign in through Spotify, right now I have it connected locally, in a staging environment and in a production environment...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    heroku
    Login
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding snippets of songs to one long song via API

Hi,i wondered if Spotify allows to build an app that plays only parts of songs (like 30seks) and then jumps to the next song to play again only 30 seks. The snippets are faded into each other. As Spotify stopped support for DJ apps, i wanted to know ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i wondered if Spotify allows to build an app that plays only parts of songs (like 30seks) and then jumps to the next song to play again only 30 seks. The snippets are faded into each other. As S...
  • SpotMaster
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    DJ Apps
    legal
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Song

Plan- Free/Premium - BothCountry - India Device- iPhone XROperating System- iOS 13.1.3 HiCan you please confirm to play song is it required to navigate to Spotify app then authorise the token and back to my own native application where I have integra...

• Visitor
  • Plan- Free/Premium - Both Country - India   Device- iPhone XR Operating System- iOS 13.1.3   Hi Can you please confirm to play song is it required to navigate to Spoti...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Play
    player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes