Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

getting [Error: {"message":"Cannot seek in song: [UNKNOWN]"}] error with the Android Remote SDK

getting [Error: {"message":"Cannot seek in song: [UNKNOWN]"}] error with the Android Remote SDK

I got the latest App update (25th Aug 2020) and this has been happening ever since. I am getting the following error when I seek in a song:

[Error: {"message":"Cannot seek in song: [UNKNOWN]"}] 

Please help me out here!!! My app relies heavily on the seek mechanism. 

8 Replies

Hey guys activity on my app has plummeted to 0. This is giving me sleepless nights. I tried using a previous version of the spotify app and things work perfectly. Please look into this.

App Version with the issue : 8.5.73.824

I downgraded to 8.5.**bleep**.834 for Android

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/2330721

Works better. Havent seen the error yet. 

yep thanks for the suggestion. Problem is  I cannot expect all my users to downgrade their Spotify that too from a source that is not the Play Store.

Facing the same issue. Hope it is fixed in the next version

Ever since the latest app update was rolled out (8.5.73.824), we've been receiving multiple escalations from our users being unable to seek to the preferred timestamp on tracks. Please look into this ASAP.

Hoping this issue gets fixed in the subsequent release! And the update gets pushed out soon enough.

Hey @Rohit, I have been getting the same error too. I hope Spotify looks into this and we get the fixed update rolled out soon. Thanks for bringing this up. 

Regards, 

Jaideep 

@_milena 

For me this problem arises when I'm starting a playback via skipToIndex() and then in the result callback immediately try to seek to a certain position.

With a previous version of Spotify this was still working.

Suggested posts