NEXT STEP

iOS app integrated Spotify SDK rejected by Apple when publish

iOS app integrated Spotify SDK rejected by Apple when publish

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue:

Our client developed an app named DYOB(http://www.dyobapp.com) which integrated Spotify iOS SDK to allow user link their Spotify account, play the music from their private playlist, and share with their friends by entering the code. 

But Apple rejected the app by this reason:

Regarding 5.2.3-Legal, you need to provide authorisation from the content owner (in this case, Spotify).
To resolve this issue, it would be appropriate to provide documentary evidence that you are authorised to stream Spotify content in your app.

I don't understand why they need this, since the Spotify content actually accessed by user who own an Spotify account, and we do link our app with Spotify developer account to make the API authorisation.  We have an Android app with exactly same features and has approved by Google play-store and published. 

Can anyone from Spotify Team help us? If the app integrated Spotify SDK not able to publish then what's the point to develop this SDK?  Or maybe there are some necessary steps we are missing to make the app authorised by Spotify? 

Attached the screenshot of the rejected reason from apple.

Hope I will hear you soon, Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Cynthia 

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 8.36.58 pm.png
6 Replies

Have you received a response from Spotify regarding this? I am encountering a similar issue. Thanks!

I'm also encountering this issue, but instead my app's rejection has fallen under App Store Guidelines 5.2.1 - Legal - Intellectual Property for using album artworks and artist images in an attributed manner on my app store screenshots to display the app's functionality

Sorry to ping you from an old issue, but have you been able to resolve this issue? I'm also facing the same problem and would like to know if you were able to get support from Spotify

Please let me know if anyone is able to figure solution for this problem. I am facing similar issue for my app.

To all the folks who are still facing the similar issue. I updated the screenshots attached for app info, I removed all the artworks and songs information from there and it was accepted by the Apple team.

It appears that Apple is asking for proof of explicit permission from Spotify for you to use the Spotify iOS SDK in your app.

Suggested posts