Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

Can I play music through browser for multiple users?

Hi, I'm building a webapp for live online fitness classes and I'd like my fitness instructors to play their favorite music from Spotify through the browser for the other participants joining the class. Can I do this with the Spotify Web Playback SDK ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I'm building a webapp for live online fitness classes and I'd like my fitness instructors to play their favorite music from Spotify through the browser for the other participants joining t...
  • Dorianwilson
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

get liked tracks of an artist with api

Hello, Is there any way to get user's liked tracks of an specific artist through api? on pc/android, when we are on an artist's page, we can see in a section the liked tracks of him: https://imgur.com/E091iC7 Thanks!

• Visitor
  • Hello,   Is there any way to get user's liked tracks of an specific artist through api?   on pc/android, when we are on an artist's page, we can see in a section the liked tracks of him...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    liked tracks
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lyrics & audio Snippets

Hello, I am looking to create an app, i have read over the developer API but can't find the relevant information I need and wondered if the forum could help.I am looking to do the follow 1: FROM THE API GET THE SONG / SONG LYRICS2: PLAY SELECTED LYRI...

• Hello, I am looking to create an app, i have read over the developer API but can't find the relevant information I need and wondered if the forum could help. I am looking to do the follow   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify 8.6.20 Totally Breaks iOS SDK

Spotify version 8.6.20 totally breaks the iOS SDK. Via iOS SDK, our App asks Spotify if Spotify is active, Spotify returns that is not active (but it is active). Spotify also returns a token that is no longer active. Therefore, every request from our...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify version 8.6.20 totally breaks the iOS SDK.  Via iOS SDK, our App asks Spotify if Spotify is active, Spotify returns that is not active (but it is active).  Spotify also returns a...
  • Rzn8
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Bug issues
    iOS SDK
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Android SDK/Web API endpoint: Recommendation for Similar Artist, Similar Album and Similar Playlist

My Question or Issue:In Spotify, I have found that the recommendation is being updated on the frequent basis for Similar album, similar playlist, similar radio and similar artists. I am aware of the Content Api interface in the Android SDK which gene...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue: In Spotify, I have found that the recommendation is being updated on the frequent basis for Similar album, similar playlist, similar radio and similar artists.   I am aw...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Recommendation for Similar Artist
    Similar Album and Similar Playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Design Guidelines: Default icon for spotify entities

Spotify has provided the design guidelines for using the Spotify logo on the given URL - https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/design-and-branding/ My Question:I have a question regarding the default icons used in the various entities o...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify has provided the design guidelines for using the Spotify logo on the given URL - https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/design-and-branding/   My Question: I have a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • default icon for entities
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get my refresh token anymore?

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceESP8266 My Question or IssueI've been developing an ESP8266 project for a while now, and until now everythign was fine.Come today, and the access token can't be refreshed. I went and tried to create a new app, to get a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device ESP8266   My Question or Issue I've been developing an ESP8266 project for a while now, and until now everythign was fine. Come today, and the access...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Arduino
    ESP8266
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Last listenings and user's genres with API

Hello everyone, I have a question about Spotify APIs. I don't have any experience on Spotify APIs, so if my question is a stupid, I'm sorry. I need to fetching last listenings and user's genres with APIs according to user's permission. Is it possible...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone,   I have a question about Spotify APIs. I don't have any experience on Spotify APIs, so if my question is a stupid, I'm sorry.    I need to fetching last listenings...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Safe use of spotify_client_id and spotify_client_secret

Hi there, I'm building a server side program with python that will interact with the Spotify WebAPI. My knowledge of security regarding server side applications and what is safe/best practice is rudimentary at best. I was hoping for any tips or advic...

• Hi there,   I'm building a server side program with python that will interact with the Spotify WebAPI. My knowledge of security regarding server side applications and what is safe/best practic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

is there anyone i could pitch to confidentially?

I know everyone has a "million dollar" idea. but legitimately, this would be game changing for social interactions. my app just has no users, a collab would make it a monster and could cut into apple music subscriptions

• Visitor
  • I know everyone has a "million dollar" idea. but legitimately, this would be game changing for social interactions. my app just has no users, a collab would make it a monster and could cut into apple...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Party/Voting App

PlanBothCountryCanadaDeviceAnyOperating SystemAny My Question or IssueI'm working on an App where users can join a "party" and suggest songs then vote for which one will play next. I want to make sure that this sort of app isn't violating any General...

• Plan Both Country Canada Device Any Operating System Any   My Question or Issue I'm working on an App where users can join a "party" and suggest songs then vote for which one will play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest update has broken the ability to connect to the app via Spotify iOS SDK

Operating SystemiOSSpotify version8.6.20 My Question or IssueWith the most recent update to Spotify’s iOS App, the ability for 3rd party apps to read Spotify’s now playing information using the iOS SDK has broken and the app no longer allows connecti...

• Regular
  • Operating System iOS Spotify version 8.6.20   My Question or Issue With the most recent update to Spotify’s iOS App, the ability for 3rd party apps to read Spotify’s now playing informat...
  • addy239
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Swagger/OAS or RAML spec of v2 api available?

I could only find a years old v1 raml file on GitHub which is way outdated.Has anyone got into creating an updated version in either RAML or OpenAPI yet?Integrating the api would be so much easier.Isn't it standard nowadays to provide one?Please let ...

• Visitor
  • I could only find a years old v1 raml file on GitHub which is way outdated. Has anyone got into creating an updated version in either RAML or OpenAPI yet? Integrating the api would be so much easie...
  • sonallux
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • OAS
    OpenAPI
    RAML
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Website Approval Process?

Hi, I have a website that I developed with the Spotify Web APIs that is basically a game so I believe I need to ask Spotify for approval for it. I could not find any information on how to ask for approval though. I did also request for commercial use...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have a website that I developed with the Spotify Web APIs that is basically a game so I believe I need to ask Spotify for approval for it.  I could not find any information on how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to redirect a user to ios/native app when authenticating with the Web API?

I know this is possible with the ios SDK, but I am building a web app that uses the spotify api and it would be nice if users on a mobile device could be redirected to the spotify app so they don't have to manually enter in their information. Just to...

• Casual Listener
  • I know this is possible with the ios SDK, but I am building a web app that uses the spotify api and it would be nice if users on a mobile device could be redirected to the spotify app so they don't h...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Search: Open source project providing lyrics, videos, chords, background on current song

Hi there, this is just to let you know of a little hobby project of mine, utilizing Spotify APIs: I listen to Spotify pretty much all day long, and often found myself wanting to look up the current song's lyrics, or get more info on the artist, or th...

• Hi there, this is just to let you know of a little hobby project of mine, utilizing Spotify APIs: I listen to Spotify pretty much all day long, and often found myself wanting to look up the current s...
  • Spoty_Pie
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

All your Movies and TV shows in playlists soon...

Hello Spotify Community, Hope you are all doing well in this difficult times...I would like to share with you my new account Spoty Pie!I am a young programmer (not expert at all) and am currently creating playlists of your favorite movies and TV Show...

• Regular
  • ...m currently creating playlists of your favorite movies and TV Shows using the Spotify API. As some of you may know, Playlist Folders are not public yet (I recommend to vote for the idea that enables t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Audio Preview Clips for training a Neural Network (non-commercial)

CountryGermany My Question or IssueI am currently working on the project for my final thesis in the field of machine learning and music classification, to obtain my bachelor degree in computer science. I am not satisfied with the quality of some publ...

• ...egree in computer science. I am not satisfied with the quality of some publicly available dataset, so I would like to use the 30 seconds Audio Preview clips, to build a dataset on my own for training a N...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Design Guideline: Spotify shuffle and on demand playback

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDevicePixel 4Operating SystemAndroid Pie Design Guideline:Below Design guideline is provided on - https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/design-and-branding/ In Spotify Free, for on-demand playback and shuffle play - ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Device Pixel 4 Operating System Android Pie   Design Guideline: Below Design guideline is provided on - https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 9-Pie
    Android 9.0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android SDK - playlist/liked songs

is there a way to retrieve playlists (and liked songs) via the android SDK?how to start playing liked songs as a playlist?

• Casual Listener
  • is there a way to retrieve playlists (and liked songs) via the android SDK? how to start playing liked songs as a playlist?  
  • ThomasMW
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes