Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

1 trial- and 1 full premium account, same PayPal: must i change it?

1 trial- and 1 full premium account, same PayPal: must i change it?

Hello Spotify Team,

- today i subscribed the 2 month premium trial with PayPal, here in germany, since we want to switch from deezer 🙂
- Also today i invited my daughter (not the same house) to also try spotify with using my paypal.
- As beining notified by spotify/paypal then that a second trial acc would not be possible with the same payment method, but that we can immediatly subscribe to premium starting today for her, we did so.

Question is:
Will this be a problem, when my Trial-Premium turns into the real Paid Premium Account in 2 months?

In other words: Can i keep the same unchanged PayPal Paymethod for both accounts then or must i setup another method for the trial account in front?

Thanks a lot for a calming answer :))
Marci Pri

3 Replies

Heyo Ms. Marci, Prague; community assistant here.

It sounds like you and your daughter were able to subscribe to Spotify Premium without any issues, even after encountering an error message about not being able to use the same payment method for two trial subscriptions. As long as you continue to use the same PayPal account to pay for your Premium subscription it should be fine but it is possible that you may encounter some issues in the future. If you do encounter any issues or concerns down the line, don't hesitate to reach out to Spotify's directly for assistance. They are there to help you with any questions or problems you may have, and they can provide you with more detailed information and guidance specific to your situation.

Hope I could help,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank You Prague,

(i added an "another words" into the orignal post, to make it more clear)

Well this is question 🙂 will this rise a problem once when the trial account turns into a paid premium with using the same paymethod still then, for her and me.

Cheers 😁

Okay great, if you have already set up a payment method for your daughter's Premium account on the same PayPal account, you may not need to set up another payment method for your own Premium account when the trial period ends.

When the trial period ends, Spotify will automatically charge the payment method you have on file, which in this case is your PayPal account. If there are enough funds in the account to cover the cost of both Premium subscriptions, then the payment should go through without any issues.

However, if you are unsure whether your PayPal account has enough funds or if you need to update your payment method, you can log in to your Spotify account and check your account settings to ensure that your payment information is up to date. This will ensure that you don't experience any disruptions to your Premium subscription when the trial period ends.

Cheers,

-Your Good Boy

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts