Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Advertisements interrupt my music even though I have an active Premium

Solved!

Advertisements interrupt my music even though I have an active Premium

As the title say, the podcast is interrupted by ads even though I have an active Premium account since many years.

Subscription is active, and I have tried log out - log in but the issue remain.

Device: Huawei Nexus 6P

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @diablesse,

While Spotify doesn’t play ads to Premium subscribers, some podcasts might have third-party ads within their episodes. It's not possible for Spotify to remove these ads from the podcasts as they are recorded into the podcast itself.

If you experience ads anywhere else in the app, such as while listening to music, I'd recommend taking a look at this support article.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @diablesse,

While Spotify doesn’t play ads to Premium subscribers, some podcasts might have third-party ads within their episodes. It's not possible for Spotify to remove these ads from the podcasts as they are recorded into the podcast itself.

If you experience ads anywhere else in the app, such as while listening to music, I'd recommend taking a look at this support article.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hi Noah-S

That might be it. It's a new podcast for me..highly annoying when I'm paying for the listening service though.

Thank you for a quick and informative reply!

Hey @diablesse,

You're welcome!

I listen to podcasts on Spotify all the time and I rarely ever find one without third-party ads recorded into it.

If you could provide me with the name of the podcast your listening to, I'd be happy check it out to confirm if the episodes do indeed have third-party ads.

Have great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hey Noah-S!

That's a very kind offer! It's a Swedish poscast called "Skilsmässopodden" but I have listened to music non-stop for well over an hour now so you are right about it being the podcast's "fault".

Thank you again!

Hi,

I have been listening to this podcast and have never had third party ads before. They have not been in any previous episodes and are interrupting during episodes I've listened to before without issue.

Could you please explain why this is now happening despite my paying subscription?

Many Thanks,

G

Hey there @GG20201!

Thanks for the question and welcome to our Community!

As @Noah-S mentioned above, Spotify doesn't play advertisements for our Premium users but some podcasts may include ads in their content.

It's up to the podcast creators if they would like to have third-party advertising, host-read endorsements or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

Hopefully this info helps. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

This has unfortunately not answered my question. I stated that the ads have
not run before and are all of a sudden cropping up.

Please inform me if podcast hosts can edit their episodes after the
original upload or if there's a problem.

Thank you,
G

Thanks for the quick reply @GG20201!

We can confirm that the ads added to podcasts are dynamic.

This means that they can be added or changed by the podcast owners even after they have uploaded an episode.

We hope this shines some more light on the matter. Let is know if there's something else we could help out with 🙂

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts