Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being Charged without subscription (Spotify Malaysia)

Being Charged without subscription (Spotify Malaysia)

Plan

Free

Country

Malaysia

My Question or Issue

Ive tried to subscribe to premium service at the discount price (RM2 for 3 months). After I typed in all my payment details, it stated that I'm not eligible for this promotion (although I'm a new user). However, a payment has been charged to my card. So I checked my account again, it is still free account, not premium! 

No issue of signing in wrong account as I just have one account!

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing wonderful!

I'm sorry to hear your having this issue. Could you try going over to your Receipts page and tell me what amount was the charge was for? You can also send me a screenshot of this (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community) so that I can take a further look.

I look forward to your reply 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply Billy. Unfortunately, there was nothing in my receipt page, although a payment has been charged on my card. I've checked my spotify account, and it remains free but not premium.

Screenshot_2018-12-10-13-30-49.png

This is the receipt of the payment on my card.

IMG_20181210_132925.JPG

@user-removed.

Thanks for the info! Could you try reaching out to your bank to see if the charges are pending or processing? It's very odd that you don't have reciepts but you are getting messages that you're being charged.

Please don't respond to that message, or don't take any other action until you go to your bank and check for any charges associated w/ Spotify.

Whenever you have the chance to go and check it out, please let me know the outcome 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts