Plan

Premium

Country

France/Germany

Device

Android phone

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone,

I've had a premium account for some years now, and I just upgraded to DUO. I am French, i'm paying my monthly fee with my paypal account, linked to my french bank account.

But i moved in with my german partner in Germany, and i would like to share my Duo account with her.

We both live at the same address, but when she enters it, it says "you dont live at the same address or country". But we do.

By scrolling in the FAQ, i saw that it could be because my account and payment method are French and hers are German. 

So i went into my account, clicked on update my payment method, changed my country to "Germany", and when i want to select again my Paypal account, it doesnt work. I guess because it is still French.

What is the solution to make it work? I hope i don't have to open a german bank account or whatever just to make the Spotify Duo account work 

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply

Hi @Flow2,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

Your guess is correct, in order to register your Duo subscription in Germany, you also need to register a payment method that was issued in Germany, otherwise it won't allow you to do it. 

In this case, you could try changing your PayPal's country to Germany to make it match and try to register it again.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts