Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use any Mastercard to update my payment method.

Can't use any Mastercard to update my payment method.

Hi !

I've been on the family plan for a good while now and I recently had to renew my credit card (a Mastercard). The new card has the same 16 digits card number, but the exipiry date and security code are different from the one I was using until now. So I went to my account overview to update my payment method, but when I enter all the requested information, and error message is displayed : « Something went wrong. Please try again, or go to our support. » I tried to use a different Mastercard and the same problem occurs. I then tried a friend's Visa to see if the problem was about Mastercard and the Visa did work.

However, the two mastercards I've tried are both working anywhere else for other online susbcriptions and transactions, which means the problem isn't on the credit card company's side. I also tried loging in using another browser, on incognito mode after making sure my history, cache and cookies were all cleared, and it still won't accept any Mastercard. I've been trying to link my new Mastercard for two weeks now and it never worked up to now.

So now my friend's Visa is linked to my account since it refuses to use any Mastercard (which is the card I need to use since I don't want my friend to be stuck with this payment) and I apparently have no way to delete his card from my account without replacing it.

Is there anything I can do or anywhere I can go to reach to a Spotify technician directly to solve this matter and be able to use my Mastercard ?

3 Replies

Hey hey @CharlesBlais!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Good troubleshooting steps so far. It should be possible to pay with both Visa and Master card, so another thing worth checking is if your cards are open for recurring purchases and foreign transactions. You can check that with your bank, since this is not a requirement for all subscription services.

We can also suggest trying to change your payment method on a different device and using a different network.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena!

Thanks for your answer! However the cards were autorized for reccuring purchases and foreign transactions, so that wasn't the problem.

Fortunately, I just tried again on the same device with all my usual browser and settings and it did work this time. I tried some times after writting my first request but today was the first time it worked, no idea why.

Anyway, just happy that it finally worked!

Hey @CharlesBlais,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're happy to hear it worked out and you can enjoy your Premium features uninterrupted. It's possible that this was caused by a temporary error with the bank and our system.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Have a nice day 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts