Cancelled subscription too late

Cancelled subscription too late

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Netherlands

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone. 

So a few months back I got the three months premium for 10 EURs. My plan was to cancel after this because I'm a student and don't have the money for a monthly subscription. 

Somehow I forgot to cancel and apparently today was the payment day. The payment failed due to insufficient funds on my backaccount. I'm really annoyed with myself because I just don't have another spare 10 EURs this month. 

What happens if Spotify can't get the payment in a couple days? Will my Spotify account only switch back to free (what I want) with no repercussion, or will I still have to pay eventually and maybe even pay a fine for paying late? 

I realize entirely that I'm at fault here and should've just cancelled the subscription earlier, but I completely forgot. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply

Hey @dodiok2ah71jo34, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you don't have sufficient funds in your bank account, you won't lose access to Premium right away. Spotify will attempt to charge you a few times, over the course of a few days. If after those few times you still don't have sufficient funds on your payment method, your account will be switched to Spotify Free.

You won't lose any saved music or any content on the account if your account gets switched to Spotify Free. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help with anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts