Premium

Country

India

Device

Desktop (Linux), Nokia 6.1

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, Android 10

My Question or Issue

It happened today when I paid ₹699 via UPI to attempt to purchase Spotify premium yearly prepaid plan from Google Chrome browser.

After successful approval of payment from my UPI app, my bank account got debited by ₹699 instantly.

Screenshot_20200615-190514_3.png

But the BillDesk payment page got stuck indefinitely showing “Payment is in progress” which I had to close eventually.

su-a-xi_0-1592240802893.png

Now, after re-login, in my accounts page when I scroll down to “Your plan”, it still says “Spotify Free”. In the “Receipts” section, it shows “No receipts found” which means my payment has not been reflected in my Spotify account yet. This also means that there are no signs whatsoever Spotify recognises my payment(no sorts of communication that my payment is processing or whatever, no email, nothing).

Would appreciate if this could be addressed and fixed asap.

(Screenshots of “Your plan” and “Receipts” section)

Screenshot from 2020-06-15 22-42-54.png

Screenshot from 2020-06-15 22-44-04.png

11 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Thanks for the information and the screenshots. This allowed me to take a closer look at what's happening.

Generally, it takes 1-3 business days for the payment to be received on Spotify's end, and once it does - the status of your account will turn to Premium. If you just processed the payment today, let's wait 1-3 business days (and I'll check in by Thursday) to check if your account has turned to Premium.

If you received an email confirming your Premium subscription, or your account has turned to Premium before I check in on Thursday, let me know.

I'll be here if you need anything in the meantime!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply.

Update

Interesting turn of events took place. Today, Billdesk refunded the amount to my bank account after which I thought that premium subscription is done for (looks like it is at the end of the day). Later in the day, much to my surprise, Spotify mailed  me a receipt confirming premium subscription (account page showing premium) . Bewildered, I opened the app from phone and it seemed like my account got turned into premium.

Well, yes. Only seemingly. The moment I tapped on a song waiting for it to play, I just waited. The song just won't play. It keeps stopping promptly after I hit play.

So basically my account is bugged and worse I can't even play songs anymore.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to me with the update. 

OK, so that's good how your account was changed to Premium. 

Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app following these steps? If that doesn't help, can you let me know what device this happens on and what operating system you're running)? Also, if you have a different device (eg a desktop or laptop), try using the Spotify app on that device and let me know if the same thing happens there.

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes. I did as mentioned in that link, cleared storage data and reinstalled the app. No change. Also from desktop, it's just the same.

Also I logged in from another phone and same result. OS on both phones is Android 10.

Hey @user-removed, 

No worries. I'm going to take a closer look at this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience in advance!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your patience as I took a closer look.

In this case, could you follow all of the steps described here? This way you'll be able to keep your account settings and music collection along with the subscription you already paid.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello Billy-J,

Thanks for your time.

I'm already on the lines of doing what the article has mentioned by creating a new account. I thought that I had to start all over again but that article was helpful in giving my new account a good head start, so thanks for sharing it. Glad to know that I can get to take my playlists to my new account!

Hey @user-removed,

You're very welcome!

Were you able to get started with a new account and transfer everything? If so, is everything working just fine on the new account?

Keep me updated.

Billy-JSpotify Star

New account means that my library is void except for my playlists which I learnt how to transfer from my old account from the post you shared. All the songs, artists and albums that I have hearted all along are gone. I don't know if it's possible to transfer my liked songs or albums to my new account. Also new account means that of course spotify won't recognise me, the recommendations and personalised playlists spotify used to create for me are also gone, it's algorithm has to start knowing my music taste all over again.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, that's correct - you would need to manually like/follow everything in your Library again, but you can get in touch with Customer Support, and they'll be able to help transfer all your music collection to the new account.

However, after you create the new account, you will start with a fresh clean listening history and it will take a few weeks until the Made for You playlists show up on the new account.

I hope this clears things up!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @Su-a-xi, 

Jumping in to let you know we created an Ongoing Issue regarding this.

It’s here. It’d be great for you to add your +VOTE and follow its developments. 

We’ll share all the related updates there as soon as we have any!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts