Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged 9.99 even though I have the yearly offer

Solved!

Charged 9.99 even though I have the yearly offer

Hi,

I had a premium account, and last week I bought a 12 months subscription for 99€.

But when I check my account it still says that my subscription will end 26/12 and that I will be billed for 9,99€ for renewal.

Just to be sure to not pay twice, will my account automatically update to the 12 months subscription after that date, or I need to cancel the current subscription in order to activate the other?

Thanks in advance for the reply

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Please reach out to the SpotifyCares team, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on this online contact form

If you are contacting via Twitter, make sure to DM them with your account's email address.

Thank you again for reporting this issue.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

It is assumed that $ 100 MXN should be deducted per month for the premium, but i just realized that you are changing me $50 MXN More, with $150 MXN total!!

Whats happening here? 
Will my money be returned?

Do I need to go to extremes and remove my card so you do not charge more?

Sin título.png

Hey @Deg_90,

Welcome to the forums! And thank you for the sceenshot.

Sorry to hear that you are being charged more than once. It sounds as though you may have two seperate subscriptions here.

Can you take a look at this link and let me know if this helps at all:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/why-charged-twice/

I will be right here 🙂

Has this solved your issue? If it has please click  ‘Accept as a Solution’ and consider adding a ‘Like’!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was charged on the 9th of Dec and 11th of Dec 2017.. my receipt information does not reflect me being charged on spotify however my debit card does.. I want answers for this... spotify is gladly taking my money but not willing to show me all of my receipts for doing so.. please email me with answers to this matter thank you respectfully yours...

Bryan Little 

Blittle071985@gmail.com 

I bought a premium some month ago...

Some days ago I bought a 99,99€ for 1 year of premium...

On my credit card just Spotify take money...

But in my account I can see “your rinnovation is on 27 dicember whit 9,99€

My question in how can I do that Spotify don’t take 9,99€ month by month because I pay 99,99€ some days ago...

Hello @user-removed and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Which expiration date do you see at this page?

Can you see the receipt here?

Hello,

I've recenly purchased the promotion for Pay Once, and Play All Year. However I was also charged for my monthly subscription 6 days ago.

How do I go about getting a refund for that subscription or extening my current one for an additional month?

spotify.JPG

Hi there! I have the same question. Look forward to a response.

Hi,

I've subscribe for spotify premium in october, paying 9.99€ by month. Then I received another offer for 99.9€ a year, that is to say 2 months for free. 

I've just subscribe for it, and I thought this will automatically cancel the paiement of 9.99€ by month but no.

How can I do to keep the premium but cancel the monthly paiement given that i have paid for all the year ?

Thanks

<Image snip - moderator edit for security>

I have the exact same issue, I don't know how to cancel the monthly payment now that I purchased the anual subscription (with 2 free months).

Same here!

Hey @acc2612 & @raullaprida,

Are the payments being taken out on the same day or different days?

Thanks,

Tom

For me is like this; I can see the 12m and it have started since 5/12 but my phone is giving me the "we will kick you out in x days..." (but in nicer words).

Whats up??

Hello Tom,

Different days. I have a recuring bank tranfer on the 21th of each month
and I have made a ponctual bank transfer for the offer that I got today. I
thought this will automatically cancel the permanent bank transfer but on
my account it is still mentioned that I will be debited on the 21th of
december...

Thanks

Marked as solution

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Please reach out to the SpotifyCares team, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on this online contact form

If you are contacting via Twitter, make sure to DM them with your account's email address.

Thank you again for reporting this issue.

I paid the ~99€ something for a whole year of premium. The payment worked, i saw that they hade withdrew money from me. But spotify keeps saying that "my latest payment did not work" and that i need to update my payment method. and WHY on earth is there not just a simple mail directly to some support staff at spotify???

Hello

I bought and was charged for a yearly offer ....but am still being billed monthly. Please rectify problem  ...I paid for the year 2018 back in Dec. 20, 2017 invoice ID P046843C8F

Please Advice if any further actions are needed

Thanks 

Suggested posts