Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Country change, premium, payment, can't use spotify anymore :(( Help plz

Country change, premium, payment, can't use spotify anymore :(( Help plz

Dear folks, 

So I have the free version, I traveled from Germany to Japan, and after 14th days of using spotify I get the notification that I should change my country to use it. I change the location, and the advertised music in Japan is soooooo bad that I decided to pay the premium version, but fun fact I cannot, because of course all my credit cards are issued in Germany, and the payment and the country were I am should match (wth). 

So, the only solution seems that I have to wait when I get back to Germany to pay spotify (lol), or make a Japanese bank account, is there any alternative? 

It's the first time a company refuses to be paid lol

1 Reply

Hey @motess,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

That's correct, after 14 days abroad using Spotify Free, you'll need to change the country or subscribe to Premium. However, the country of the account and the payment method must match.

As an alternative, you can use a PayPal account to complete the payment while you're outside your country. If you want to change the country back to Germany after traveling, you can update the payment method again, or wait until your account goes back to free and change the country.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts