Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly playlist invaded with EDM

Discover Weekly playlist invaded with EDM

Hello. I did not use spotify for about 2 weeks, and then when I went back, my discover weekly was practically invaded by EDM music which I hate!

It makes me think my account might even be hacked. I keep disliking whatever is suggested but for 2 weeks the entire playlist is edm stuff. How can I troubleshoot this stuff? 

5 Replies

Hey @nervusvagus.

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you think that someone might have gained access to your account, go to this page as you'll see what to do next in this situation.

No worries, we'll get this sorted for you. If you have further questions, let us know.

Have a nice day.

Guido thanks. Can you tell me how to figure out if my account was hacked?

All of a sudden Discover Weekly turned into music I hate. Afaik the playlist is formed by some algorithm so something must have gone wrong. 

I have my other playlists still in my account, so it is clear which music I like enough to form some playlist I guess.

I am logged in a different country ( a country which doesnt have spotify service) than the I registered yet this is not the first time.

I want my discover weekly back. The horrendousness of the current Discover Weekly playlist and how wonderful it used to be.

Hi Guido,

My account was hacked indeed. My "recently played" is full of stuff I did not listen. I did the steps you mentioned regarding hacked accounts.

Could you tell me if removing songs from my "recently played" will help my future Discover Weekly playlists? or is there anything else i can do?

Hey there @nervusvagus,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, keep in mind the Recently Played list updates regarding to your listening activity. As long as you keep listening to your preferred music, it should change to reflect your listening soon. Removing tracks from there shouldn't influence the songs you see in your Discover Weekly.

However, our Discover Weekly is built using an algrithm that is informed by your listening habits. But the good news is, it is also informed by the listening habits of those with similar taste to you and we refresh our recommendations every Monday. Assuming you don't listen to any more EDM music, your Discover Weekly playlist should be restored to its former glory soon.

In the meanwhile, you can switch to your Daily Mixes, as these are more genre-specific and should still introduce you to some great artists. You can find more about Daily Mixes here.

Hope this helps clarify things!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello. 

It has been about 6 weeks total and my playlist is still %100 unbearable EDM music. I am waiting and listening to my playlists so that it can update soon but I would appreciate if there was a way to delete my listening history between october - december 2018 because whoever had control of my account listened nonstop, enough to get a few songs into my 2018 Year playlist. 

Suggested posts