Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double Billing

Double Billing

I checked my credit card statement recently and saw that I was receiving double bills for Spotify. One was coming from Apple - for a total of $13.80 which I can see in my App Store settings is my monthly subscription cost. The other is coming from Spotify for a total of $10.90. I have no idea what this is. I’ve gone through the community posts and followed steps to verify I do not have any other Spotify account with any other email address, nor have I logged in on Spotify on Facebook or any other website or device other than my phone. So why am I receiving two bills from two companies for the same service?

7 Replies

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @Bouksie!

This post covers some reasons that you might being getting charged twice and how to solve this problem.

I hope this helps!

Thank you, however the post you reference doesn’t really answer my question as it doesn’t point to why Spotify and Apple are both billing me, nor does it mention anything of different dollar amounts. I appreciate the help, however this raises more questions than provides solutions 

Hey @Bouksie,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There's a comprehensive Spotify Answer on the subject of double charges and the possible reasons for them - make sure to check it out here and let us know if it helps solve your issue.

If not, get back to us and we'll see what we can suggest next.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi,

it seems like I figured out more, but still don’t have a solution. I purchased Spotify premium via the App Store on my phone. The charges come to $13.99 with city taxes on a monthly basis thru the subscription I have in the App store

last month, I received an email from Spotify advertising Hulu being free for premium members. Since I already had premium, I decided I would follow the link in the email to sign up for Hulu, since the email claimed it would be free. It seems that once I did, I now am getting billed for the Hulu services.  

This is is a blatant case of false advertising. It’s frustarting that Spotify offers no direct help, resources, customer services, or support for this. I already had premium, and am now getting billed for an add on service they said would be free. 

Hey @Bouksie.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We suspect that you might be getting double charged because you have two accounts with a Premium subscription on each.

First, make sure to check out this support article on how to locate your secondary account. If that doesn't help, then feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will be able to help you with that.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 😉

I’ve followed the steps and  can verify I do not have two accounts 

Hey @Bouksie.

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you managed to reach out to Customer Support. If not, then the link is in my previous post 🙂

Keep us posted!

Suggested posts