Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family invite link

Family invite link

Hi guys

I hope I’m in the right place for this question. Sorry in advance if not!

I have just signed up for Premium from the UK, which allows up to 6 family members who live with you. 
My partner of the same address is currently on holiday in Australia. I thought it would be nice for her to have some music on her travels. I sent her the invite to join link but she is unable to use it. Is this just a case of this is not allowed under the terms and conditions or is there some advice that could be offered to allow her access to this great site (I can’t believe I’ve not subscribed before now). Any help would be appreciated and once again sorry if I should have seen the answer elsewhere.

kind regards

Dave

4 Replies

Hey there @Dave6969

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting here.

When accepting an invitation for Premium Family, the user must be at the same address as the owner of the subscription.

This has been designed to make sure that the members of the Premium Family live in the same household. No worries, your partner will be able to successfully accept the invite upon returning from the holiday in Australia.

We suggest you check this help page to find out more about the Family subscription.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi Guido

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply, it is very much appreciated.

I knew I should have set it up before she jet settled off.

Regards Dave

Hi guys

Sorry to start this again. Finally my partner is back from Australia. As suggested, she has now clicked the link to join family premium only to be told it looks like you are trying to join premium family from a different country.  I sent her a new invite and it states the same. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Thank you

Regards

Dave

Hi @Dave6969,

We'll of course be happy to lend you a hand with this 🙂

If your partner signed-up for her Spotify account while she was travelling in Australia it's likely that she has to change her country settings now that she has returned. Check out this support page to learn how.

Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts