Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift card redeem in China mainland

Solved!

Gift card redeem in China mainland

Plan

Premium ran out on 8th Aug. Now it is free account.

Country

I am currently live in China mainland, but I created an HK premium account via 12 months gift card redeemed back in 2018 when traveling in Hong Kong. 

Device

(OnePlus 6)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

I managed to ask my friends to secure some HK gift cards in the last two days. But I was told that I need to have HK IP to redeem it otherwise it might get locked.

I knew gift card is tied to the region of account we created, so in this case, I have HK gift cards at hand, but I am NOT physically in Hong Kong, can I redeem it in China mainland? If not, any alternative ways to solve this?

Look forward to the answers and thank you for helping out.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Denngyao!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

If your account is set to Hong Kong and you try redeeming a gift card form the region you should be able to get your Premium features.

Unfortunately, we're not able to guarantee that this will work as Spotify isn't available in China yet. Take a look at this page for more info on gift cards and our T&Cs.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if have any more questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Denngyao!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

If your account is set to Hong Kong and you try redeeming a gift card form the region you should be able to get your Premium features.

Unfortunately, we're not able to guarantee that this will work as Spotify isn't available in China yet. Take a look at this page for more info on gift cards and our T&Cs.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if have any more questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Let say if I use VPN service with USA IP to access the redeem page and redeem HK gift card in China? Do you think it works?

@Denngyao wrote:
Let say if I use VPN service with USA IP to access the redeem page and redeem HK gift card in China? Do you think it works?

Hey there @Denngyao

If you are using a Hong Kong Gift Card, and your account is set to Hong Kong you can double check this by heading to your Account Overview here, you should be all set to go. Gift cards are locked to the region that they are purchased in for example I can't use a UK gift card in the US vice-versa,  I wouldn't recommend using a VPN as it can cause issues with Spotify as it becomes confused and cause unexpected issues interrupting your experience. 

Have an awesome rest of your week.

Suggested posts