Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift card won’t work.

Gift card won’t work.

So I bought my first ever iPhone and my first ever Spotify account and now I try to use a gift card to unlock premium features, and it simply says something went wrong please try again. Please help me because I can’t believe such an easy thing doesn’t function. I tried again many times and it just doesn’t work even thought I just bought the code, please help. Thank you!

Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

3 Replies

Hello @Marko111

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Keep in mind that:

• Gift cards are not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium Family, Premium Students, or trial offers.
  • Spotify gift cards can only be redeemed on Spotify accounts registered in the same country where they were purchased.
  • Other Terms and Conditions may apply.

For more details on gift cards and some tips on what to do if you tried to redeem your gift card but it’s not working, make sure to check out this support article

You can try redeeming it in an incognito/private window of your browser as well. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

I bought the gift card 30 minutes ago, I didn’t leave the country to punch in my gift card code, like I literally did everything I was supposed to. I wanna start my free premium trial for three months and then pay the next three months using this gift card I bought, does this work or is there an issue with that? Like it doesn’t wanna work because I get a free month or three or what? Thank you for your fast reply I really appreciate it.

Hi @Marko111

Thanks for the response. 

If you want to activate the free trial, you can do it by checking the current offers

However, you'll have to add your payment details to activate it. You won't be able to activate the free trial with a gift card, but you can redeem it after claiming the free trial. 

For more details on current offers, including free trials, make sure to check out this Support Article.

If you're still not able to redeem your gift card, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support. You can find the contact form in the first article I linked in my previous response. 

I hope that helps! 

Suggested posts