PepeLupardo87
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

Hey folks,

As many of you did as well I excitedly wanted to redeem my Google Home Mini promo yesterday. I went through the process, all worlwo fine. Just today I realized that auto fill had put in a wrong address for me. I cancelled the order through Google and now have the problem that I cant get a new order out. 

Google said its a Spotify issue to clarify.

I guess I need a new promo code and hope that someone can guide me in the right direction how to achieve this.

Appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks and best,

14 Replies

Re: Google Home Mini order cancelled

Rising Star 20 hezorg
Rising Star 20

Hey, @PepeLupardo87 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contacting us here.

In your case that you canceled the order on your own, I suggest that you be in touch with Customer Support.

If you need more information about it or have any other issue, let me know!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

hezorgRising Star 20
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

StephenP94
Regular

I had the same problem except I didn't cancel myself. I got the premium subcription, got the link for the google home mini and placed the order. A minute later I got an email that the order was cancelled by them. When I try to reorder I don't get the discount anymore. Please help!

scsparcrow
Music Fan

Similar issue.  The code is supposed to discount automatically.  Did not work and Google store charged full price. Google store cannot change order afterwards so only option was to cancel.  They showed that the promo code is at the end of the web address when first directed to Google store - and to copy that down and enter manually in checkout.  But code has already been used according to the system therefore you are out of luck with Google Store.  They said Spotify has to issue a new code to us.

dogs12345
Casual Listener

My too. I have contacted both Google and Spotify

StephenP94
Regular

Contacting Spotify or Google is hopeless. You're basically **bleep** if your order got cancelled. 

Here's my final response from Spotify:

Hello there,

This is a follow up email regarding your Google Home mini issue.

Google should have emailed you regarding the cancellation of your order. We don’t have any more information our end, and we’re unable to provide you with a new code.

If you have any questions we recommend contacting Google Store directly.

Thanks,

Paul

When I contacted Google they just said that it's Spotify's issue. There's no hope. 

Thanks Spotify and Google for all your help! 😠

askariya
Music Fan

I had this exact same problem; were you able to get it resolved?

PepeLupardo87
Casual Listener

Nah, the spotify service person wasnt having it

Thanks for your patience with this, we appreciate it.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, however we’re still unable to assist you further with redeeming a Google Home Mini device.

If you would like to cancel your Premium for Family subscription, please let us know and we’ll go ahead with doing so.

Thats the last I heard.

askariya
Music Fan

I don't know how Spotify can get away with this. It's essentially a scam. They lure in new users with the deal and guarantee they spend at least $10 on their subscription but then don't give them the promotional items advertised with the deal.
I got this account just because of this deal and was planning on keeping it but after this trash customer service I'm just going to cancel and be out $10.

dogs12345
Casual Listener
Nope
SUGGESTED POSTS