Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help I have spotify premium but now it says I'm a free member

Help I have spotify premium but now it says I'm a free member

I have a spotify premium account, but since yesterday I can't listen to premium anymore. Spotify says I have a free account, but the last bill I payed was on 13-3-2017, so that means I am a premium member. But I can't listen to premium?

4 Replies

I have the exact same problem! And I’m flying tomorrow and would really like to have my offline Spotify working. My last bill was 15-03-2018. An explanation or a fix soon would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hey @katheib & @brechtjefase!

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

If you've paid for Spotify Premium, but the account is showing as Free, I suggest making sure you don't have multiple Spotify accounts following these steps.

If you only have one account, try reinstalling the app to see if it helps.

I'd also suggest making sure the payment went through, it should've generated a receipt you can find by logging in here.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for your feedback. I have checked the first two solutions and they didnt have any impact. In my spotify account looks like all my payments are in order but once I check my personal bank statement I notice that the march bill wasnt paid, only up until Febreuary 2018. How can I check that this information is correct?  I didnt receive any email for the payment of March, do we get notify if the payment doesnt go through? I would like to know for future references

Thank you,

Katherine

Hey Katherine!

When something comes up and the automated payment fails to go through on time, you should receive an email notification.

I'd suggest making sure the email address linked to your Spotify account is active and you have access to it. If you have a filter or if you've set the Sptoify emails as junk, any notification could go there directly, so keep that in mind.

It's odd that your account would go back to Free automatically without any notification. You can also try contacting your bank to check if there were any recent changes that could've unadvertedly stopped the Spotify subscription.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts