Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(iPod Model PE978LL/A)

Operating System

(iOS version 9.3.5)

My Question or Issue

I've got a Premium account and when I select an album to play, after a while it switches to some random music. I subscribed Premium to get rid of ads and random music, but it seems Spotify thinks that a stupid algorithm is a better decision-maker than me. Is it so hard to understand that when the album is done, I need to know so I can select a new playlist or another album? Also, I 'm under the impression that the algorithm is interfering with my play choice. Unfortunately I cannot be sure because the iPod version does not have song play History.

Please let me know that algorithm interference is a required feature of Spotify, so I can unsubscribe and go back to Apple Music.

1 Reply

Hi there @McWendellBR,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

If you do not want the app to choose content automatically after your chosen music ends, you can visit your settings page and toggle off the following setting :

Untitled.png

This way, the app's algorithm would not intervene in the flow of your music and you'll be able to notice the end of an album and choose your own ones and add them to your queue (you can learn more about it here).

Just to be on the safe side, if you experience any odd behavior happening like :

- Music stops and switches to another song

- Homepage contains music you've never listed too

- Music stops randomly

I suggest you take the steps provided here and here

Let me know if there's anything else i can help you with 🙂

Suggested posts