Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I made a mistake and paid the wrong Premium plan

I made a mistake and paid the wrong Premium plan

Hi, I had a family premium plan and I mistakenly ended up paying for an individul premium plan. Is there any way to change the plan back to the familiar one or would I have to pay again?

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

4 Replies

Hey @MarcelaG27,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

When you pay for a different subscription, the system automatically changes the plan, deleting the previous one. This means that if you want the Family plan again, you'll have to subscribe to a new one and send the invitation to your family to rejoin your plan.

Keep in mind that users on Spotify can only be part of 2 group plans (Family/Duo) per year. If any user you invite has joined 2 different plans already in the past 12 months, the system could give an error when trying to join.

To change your individual subscription to a Family plan again, just go to your Account page and choose the option "Change plan" under Your plan. Since the system doesn't take any money for the difference in pricing between plans, the next billing date could be earlier than expected. This new billing date will be shown when you complete the Family subscription again. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

is there any way to get the money back? i would like a refund on the individual plan, cause i just want to use the family one. I thought i was renewing the plan i hed and not buying a new one. 

Hey @3bjwh874fcxzgzuzrb1,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can find out more on our refund policy on this page.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi I made a mistake upgrading from premium to premium duo while I have the redeem gift for six months and the redeem I had disappear when I change it back to premium profile with the duo. How do I get it return for redeem gift back to my premium again?

Suggested posts