Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I still have Spotify premium after free trial ended

I still have Spotify premium after free trial ended

I registered for Spotify premium with a Visa card that I learned had no balance. It still worked to serve as something for me to get a free trial and I assumed the payment would get rejected the trial would end after a month. The payment failed expectedly after the free trial ended and it said they’d retry the payment or I’d lose premium. Cool, this is expected. However, it’s nearly been another month and I still have premium. Everytime I open the app I get a red notification to fix my payment info, and yet I still have premium. Is this a glitch? I’m just worried they’re charging the card that I’m 95% sure has no balance on it. Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @RC34, help's here!

When you don't have enough funds on your payment method, your subscription won't automatically end on the billing date. You'll still have your subscription and Spotify will attempt to charge your card a few times before you revert to Free.

To take a look at this further, can you send me a screenshot of your account overview page? Please make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts