Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to switch payment method to Google Play

Solved!

I want to switch payment method to Google Play

I am currently on Family Plan and I am using a credit card to pay for it. But now I want to pay for it via Google Play, how can I make the switch?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Danielbility ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Since this is a payment method through a partner, you would have to cancel your current subscription and wait for your account to revert back to free before you could subscribe to a paid plan again, but this time using Google Play.

Please note that this specific payment method is not available to 100% of users in all markets, so it can't be guaranteed that the payment method will appear when you're back on the free plan.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Danielbility ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Since this is a payment method through a partner, you would have to cancel your current subscription and wait for your account to revert back to free before you could subscribe to a paid plan again, but this time using Google Play.

Please note that this specific payment method is not available to 100% of users in all markets, so it can't be guaranteed that the payment method will appear when you're back on the free plan.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Maxim

Thanks for your solution and I think it is going to work. I have cancelled my subscription and now I have to wait for it to expire. 

But I am wondering if I cancel my family subscription and subscribe to it again, will my family members still be in my family group or I have to invite them to join again? 

Hey @Danielbility ,

You'll have to invite each member again. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Maxim!
could you confirm if this payment method is available in Germany?

Hey @frog-in-fog ,

Unfortunately, I cannot, so just keep in mind that this specific payment method is not available to 100% of users in all markets, so it can't be guaranteed that the payment method will appear when you're back on the free plan 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts