Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Invalid voucher provided for Currys promotion to 'TRY 6 MONTHS OF SPOTIFY PREMIUM FOR FREE'

Solved!

Invalid voucher provided for Currys promotion to 'TRY 6 MONTHS OF SPOTIFY PREMIUM FOR FREE'

My Question or Issue

My issue is similar to the one documented here, except for the fact that it's been more than 3 months since I've been experiencing the issue and the solutions provided in that post did not resolve my problem.

We purchased a smart TV from Currys on 03/12/2019 and we were issued with a voucher code on 09/12/2019. When entering the code, we kept getting an error message saying that the code was invalid.

Initially contacted Spotify support via online chat on 10/12/2019 and had several follow ups via email up until 23/01/2020 when they stopped getting in touch and haven't heard from them since.

During the email ping pong, several approaches were suggested including making sure the code was being typed in correctly, trying different browsers, incognito tabs, modifying the link etc. You name it, we've probably tried it but still no solution.
After several weeks of trying different things, it got to the point where we took screenshots and screen recordings to send to them to actually prove that none of their solutions were helping and that repeating the same steps over and over again wasn't resolving the issue.
Having come to our own conclusion that, maybe the error message was correct and we had indeed been given an invalid code, we then suggested to Spotify support that they should issue us a new code, which they categorically refused to do and said that they will fix the issue.

As of 15 minutes ago, when I tried the code, it still doesn't work.

Account was created on 06/12/2019 and has never been subscribed to Premium.

It will be interesting to find out if anyone else has been in the same situation and whether the issue was ever resolved.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again @Peter and @EthanS1

I've got great news!

I've just received an email from currys with a new code and it worked immediately!
So I am currently on a 6-month trial of Spotify Premium.

@Peter I shall mark your answer as the accepted answer because in this case, we were indeed provided with an invalid code.
And thank you guys so much for shedding light where the Spotify customer support team previously couldn't.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey @fr_la_co!

Just found you post and wanted to check in if you managed to fix this issue or whether I could help you out with this?

I'll be here, keep me in the loop! 

Hi @EthanS1
No idea why I didn't receive a notification for your post. As of today, the issue still persists and we haven't heard anything from Spotify. Given the number of people who have this issue, I suspect it's a scam to get people to purchase stuff from Currys. Have you managed to resolve this issue?

Hey there @fr_la_co,

Sorry about that you didn't get a notification, I'll definitely follow this up with the Community team and make them aware of this and check this out.

Just to confirm are you being prompted for a payment method at all or is the code completely not working and you aren't able to redeem it at all.  Could you try reaching out to Spotify again, I understand and appreciate the frustration as you've already attempted this however I'd highly recommend trying this again in this instance.

I'd recommend either reaching out through @SpotifyCares on Twitter where you can shoot a DM with your email across to the right folks (also ideal as you can photograph the voucher) and they'll see what options they've have or as before jumping on a new chat or email with the support team here

Let me know how it all goes!

@EthanS1

When I use the original link provided in the email i get the message that the code is invalid.

When I use the link provided by the accepted answer in the linked post I get the message that my account is not eligible - which seems senseless for an account that has never used spotify premium nor spotify free as it was created after the purchase of the smart TV and didn't bother using it since the code never worked.

Question is, what's the point in contacting spotify on twitter or chat or email if they're just going to ask me to try things which I've already been asked to try? Unless there's an alternative solution which has not been presented before?
Mind you I still have all the 10+ emails which record all the failed attempts at resolving the issue

Hey @fr_la_co,

Thanks for the super fast response, Could you let me know whether there is a payment card on that account that you're trying to add to. If so, has the card been using for Premium purchases in the past? 

I recommend that you head back to the Customer Services team and ask them to review the previous case that you created in your new contact so they don't ask you to attempt anything that has already been carried out and hopefully can find a conclusion to this matter for you.

Hi @EthanS1
I've never registered a card or any other payment method as that is only required when trying to pay for premium and i've never tried to pay for premium. 

@fr_la_co,

As we've exhausted all options that are open to me here and troubleshooting, I would highly recommend that you head back to the Customer Services team and as mentioned previously ask them to review the previous case that you created when you reach out to prevent any further duplication and they'll take it from here.

As always, keep safe.

Okay thanks, I'll give that a try

Hey @fr_la_co,

Thanks for bearing with us on this one, and apologies for any confusion.

It does seem that there is an issue with the code you've been provided which is unrelated to the wider issue we were experiencing earlier.

Since the code is issued by Currys, the best thing to do here would actually be to reach out to them directly. You can do so either by replying to the original message from them which contains the code, or else via this link.

Please do keep us posted on your progress and let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks @Peter
It never occurred to us that there would be an issue with the code given by Currys. I will provide feedback here once I've contacted them

Thanks @Peter for jumping in!

Keep us in the loop @fr_la_co 🙂

Hi @Peter and @EthanS1

I have just been on the phone with Currys for about an hour and they said unfortunately they can't issue me with a new code because 6 months have already elapsed and that the code which was initially sent to me was not generated by themselves but it was generated by Spotify. They said if there's anything else which can be done, they will email me but that it's unlikely that there will be more to do in that regard.
This is such a hassle and what upsets me the most is that when we contacted Spotify support earlier in December/January we were of the opinion that the code was invalid but they categorically denied it and instead made us feel like our account had a problem or we weren't following the troubleshooting steps correctly and now here we are!

It's honestly such a shame.

Hey @fr_la_co,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration with the experience overall, I've sent this a note across to @Peter or one of the other Spotify Moderators who watch over the Community and someone should pop back in this thread as soon as they possibly can.

Marked as solution

Hello again @Peter and @EthanS1

I've got great news!

I've just received an email from currys with a new code and it worked immediately!
So I am currently on a 6-month trial of Spotify Premium.

@Peter I shall mark your answer as the accepted answer because in this case, we were indeed provided with an invalid code.
And thank you guys so much for shedding light where the Spotify customer support team previously couldn't.

Glad to hear that things are now on track!

Rest Assured, your feedback has been passed across to the Internal teams at Spotify for further review/investigation internally for improvements and also seeing if any changes/action is required to be made.

Have an awesome 6 months rocking!

Suggested posts