Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with changing country, payment address and adding family member for Duo Account

Issue with changing country, payment address and adding family member for Duo Account

Duo Plan Help 

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany (I moved from USA to Germany)

Device

Macbook Air

My Question or Issue

My partner and I live together and I'm trying to give him access via Duo. When I try to change my country, payment and address - it does not work / save via desktop. I've tried several different ways and I think there is an issue with the order of operation.

I've tried for 2 weeks to figure out different approaches and used all the help materials and still nothing. Please help, this is a super frustrating user experience.

3 Replies

Hey @Neneheartmusica,

Thanks for reaching out.

Why exactly is it not working? Are you seeing any error message(s)? If so, which one(s)? 🙂

You could also provide me a list of steps you've taken and at which point you can't go any further.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim,

I first updated my payment card to a German account.

Then I tried to update my Country to Germany (but this does not save and defaults to USA)

Then I also tried to change my address but that field is greyed out, I assume because my country keeps default saving to USA. Which means I cannot update my address as the fields are all tied to a USA structure of address input.

Hey @Neneheartmusica,

Thanks for letting me know.

So you did successfully update your payment method to one that's been issued in Germany? Great! 🙂

As mentioned here, the changes will take effect from your next billing date. This means that your country setting will update to Germany on your next billing date.

I hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts