Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Just bought premium plan but the account is still free

Solved!

Just bought premium plan but the account is still free

I just bought premium plan on Spotify website, it said on the website my account is already premium. But in the app my account is still free. I tried to clear cache, log out, and uninstall, but my account is still free on the app. What do I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

This was a temporary hiccup that should now be fixed. Could you confirm if everything looks good on your end now? If you haven't already, try logging out from the app's settings and signing back in to your account twice in a row - this will force a resync.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Same issue. Payment already deducted

Have the same problem

Facing the same issue too

I just bought Spotify’s individual premium plan. I know the transaction went through because I have the receipt on my card, however Spotify will NOT register that I have premium. It is not allowing me to download music and it’s still giving me ads. When I check my plan, it says I am still on the free plan. When I click on the option to buy premium, it now says I am not eligible for the plan. I have already tried logging out and logging back in as well as deleting the app as a whole. This is ridiculous and I don’t know why Spotify has issues like this when it is one of the most popular streaming platforms. I want my perks or my money back.

Premium is working if I open it from the browser but not from the iPhone app, there it shows I’m still with a free plan

Plan

Individual Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 14 pro max 17.0.3

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have the same problem. I’m glad it’s not just me but irritated that Spotify has a bug like this since I just purchased premium last minute to download music for a long car ride and now I have to figure something else out.

Same here. I see enough people with this exact issue currently, so hopefully it’s resolved quickly. 

I have today started paying for premium Spotify, but the app is still showing as a free app and won’t update to premium. What can I do?
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

This was a temporary hiccup that should now be fixed. Could you confirm if everything looks good on your end now? If you haven't already, try logging out from the app's settings and signing back in to your account twice in a row - this will force a resync.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

Hej, Jag har samma problem. Premium betalt, och funkar på datorn, men inte i telefon eller på Ipaden, väldigt irriterande! Har loggat ut,  avinstallerat appen och gjort om alltihop, men utan resultat. Vad ska jag mer göra?? 

Hey @LenaMG,

Thanks for joining the thread! Hope you don't mind us replying in English 🙂

In case the issue still persists, please double-check if you're logged in using the correct credentials (as on the other platforms) in your app settings.

If all is well there but your app continues to show free instead of Premium, you can try triggering another manual sync of your settings by logging out of the app and back in twice in a row

Keep us posted on how things go!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same here 

Having the same issue. I have checked that the account is the same, have also signed out twice in a row as suggested. Still nothing 

Hey there @3155nu6firtyba3qohuz

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? We'd also like to know if this started happen after a specific event. 

On another note, could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Having the same issue rn, i just bought it today and my app is still saying free plan. Tried loggig in multiple times, restarting the app, restarting my phone and i made sure i did actually buy it for the right account but i dont know what to do

I’m having the same issue with my Spotify app

Hey @stinkrat,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

Just to make sure we cover all bases, could you check the steps mentioned by @Eni earlier in the thread?

Also, when you log in to your account page, does the subscription status appear as Premium or does it show as free? If it shows as Premium, try logging out from the app once again. When you sign back in, make sure to enter your login details manually and that you use the same details as the ones displayed on the account page. This should resync the account info and make sure that you're signing in to the Premium one.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

MariaModerator

Hey, thanks for the response

On the account page it says free, but yesterday i tried buying it again to make sure i did actually buy it and it didnt let me, it said i already had it so i then looked in the app, but it still didnt appear there. The problem is on all of my devices, i could send a screenshot from my phone if youd like

If it suddenly begins to work ill post about it

Hey @stinkrat

Thank you for getting back to us.

A screenshot would help us out a lot. Have you received payment confirmation via email? You mentioned this happens on all of your devices, could you try logging in on another mobile device to see if the same will happen, if you don't have one at hand you can ask a friend or family member to borrow theirs.

What troubleshooting have you tried thus far? We're asking so we don't repeat ourselves when helping.

Keep us posted.

MartinModerator

Suggested posts