Kicked out of Premium with no warning

Plan

Was Premium until I was kicked out

Device

Samsung

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I was a Premium client for years, and every month on the 19th I would get a receipt from Spotify. Until yesterday, June 19th, when instead I got an email saying "you're no longer a Premium client". I was quite angry by that, I mean, years paying and they don't even try to pay again, or to contact me, they just instantly block me from my account? But I tried paying anyway, tried for hours and every card was refused. 

So I tried the chat, where someone with no sense of professionalism greeted me with unearned intimacy by "heyy Ju". They said that the problem was with Spotify's partner in Brazil, Ebanx, who does not have a chat on Sundays (they are, however, quite happy to block your account on a Sunday), and he advised me to buy a gift card to solve the issue quickly. I did and never received the card. So trying to solve the problem quickly, I paid for one year ahead of time chosing the "boleto option". I'm still blocked out of my account.

Today I continued my series of unfortunate chats with a representative that said that the issue was "according to all evidence due to an irregularity with my social security number" (it was not) and that the account had been blocked "after several failed attempts to pay the bill" (another lie, as I showed her with screenshots, my account was blocked exactly one month after the last successful payment). 

Now I'm stuck in another chat with Ebanx, who flagged the last purchase and says they can only solve the problem in the bank and unblock me after the next payment is successful, meaning, in one month. I asked if I can't just use another card to pay this amount, or transfer them the money, and they say that's only an option six months after the initial failure to pay. They have already received the one year I paid ahead, but that's not enough to unblock me apparently. And even though the company I contracted was Spotify, that sold itself as a modern streaming service, I'm stuck dealing with this antiquated banking bureaucracy, a company I had no choice in using.

I'm attaching the screenshots showing that my account was blocked exactly one month after the last successful payment, and I'm happy to send you prove that I've paid the whole year already. Just please get me out of this bureaucratic nightmare.

Screenshot_20220620-141925_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220620-142011_Gmail.jpg
2 Replies

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We appreciate the time you've taken to give us such a detailed description of what you've tried. 

We understand this isn't an ideal experience, but unfortunately, we're afraid there's not much we can do in this case since it seems the restriction to pay by card is set by Ebanx and we can't remove that from our end. 

However, you mentioned that you already paid through Boleto. Take into account that this can take up to 3 working days to be reflected on your account.

If after those days you're still unable to see your subscription, we suggest keeping in touch with our Support team and with Ebanx, since we as moderators don't have access to your account.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

That's just unacceptable.

You didn't give me a deadline, and now your expect one from me, the client. I've never heard before of a client that spent two days trying to buy something and the company making it difficult to get the product. I've shown you the numerous ways in which Ebanx acted wrongly, including the fact they blocked me with no warning, and you refuse to do the bare minimum to rectify it. Already made an account in Tidal and I'll ask for my money back, because I'm done with Spotify.

Suggested posts