Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Late on payment. Family still has premium, but not me?

Late on payment. Family still has premium, but not me?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

LG V40 ThinQ / iPhone X / iPhone 6s

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I've payed for monthly premium for years now, occasionally behind on payments due to poor timing, and recently I've started a family plan with my parents. A few days ago I started getting the typical "you're late on payments" message, yet I have no money in the bank, so I couldn't pay. Today, my services were cut off. All my songs gone, and I'm back to free spotify. I completely understand and I'd go on with my life but I realized: my family still has premium? I am the plan owner and I failed to pay, so why do they still have their services? I may be missing something, but I'm entirely confused. (I admit, I'm a tad bit jealous of them though.)

2 Replies

Hey there @Majori,

thanks for posting !

Each user on the Family plan should have his own private account in order to be part of the plan.

Make sure your parents check their subsription status loging in to Spotify.com and let me know what you see.

Waiting on your update 😃

@OneByBoo wrote:

Hey there @Majori,

thanks for posting !

Each user on the Family plan should have his own private account in order to be part of the plan.

Make sure your parents check their subsription status loging in to Spotify.com and let me know what you see.

Waiting on your update 😃

It took me forever to lecture them on writing down passwords, but I eventually got in. For both, it shows they're part of a family plan. 

0522190705.jpg

Suggested posts