Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost Hulu when upgraded account

Lost Hulu when upgraded account

Hello,

I recently upgraded my account from Premium to Family Premium and now that I have attempted to use Hulu, it is no longer showing that I have a free account. 

Has this happened to anyone else and what can I do?

Thank you,

Peter

6 Replies

Hey @pvanno83, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Premium for Family doesn't include Hulu, and you won't be able to use Hulu with Premium again since this offer is now over.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on spotify.com for future promotional offers.

In the meantime, if you have any more questions - just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same, which is total Bullcrap, since not once did a disclaimer come over my screen when I upgraded. I had no idea I was losing it, until I actually tried to watch Hulu one day. No warning during upgrade, no email.. nada.
If they can't even put a simple box up during the upgrade process, it really shows what type of company this is.
If they had done a simple pop up letting me know, I probably would have done family anyway, but at least I would have KNOWN, and not been angry.
Its bad enough that people driving nearby can hook onto your play list (which is a known issue they are doing nothing about) , but something basic as a disclaimer, shows a companies true colors. With so many other music services out there, it starts making you think.

Same thing happened to me, but I lost my Hulu due to using a student discount. I never cancelled my plan, and have been a paying customer for years. It's sad that Spotify treats their long-time customers like this. I'll be switching platforms, and urging everyone I helped sign up for Spotify to do the same.

This same thing just happened to me. I'm so angry, their terrible customer service reps just said "sorry! you can cancel spotify if you'd like". I wanted to choke the guy through chat.
Did anyone find a solution to this? 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this on the Community!

While the Premium Individual & Hulu offer is no longer available, you can still activate Hulu if you're eligible for our student discount. Head here to read more about it.

You can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if you'd like to see the Premium and Hulu offer return. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. Check out this Spotify Answer to learn more about it.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help you with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

YES! Just happened to me, without warning.

I am a LONG-TIME Premium subscriber who was happy to have basic Hulu added along the way. I just "upgraded" to Premium Family Plan and discovered when I went to watch a show on Hulu that that service had been revoked. 

When I "upgraded" Spotify gave NO WARNING that I would lose Hulu. Gave me no option to think about, just took more of my money and took a service away.

I DM'd Spotify on Twitter and their response there, as well as I see it has been here in the forums, is, "Yep. We didn't warn you and we don't care that this is bad business. Tough **bleep**."

I find this really dishonest and disappointing.

Suggested posts