Free

Country

Philippines

Device

Vivo

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to renew my Spotify premium subscription through mobile payment but it only says "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again or contact our support team." I've already tried texting GETPIN to 8823 but my network provider only texts "You don't have an existing pin consent".

7 Replies

Hey @janjaranjan,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This looks like related to your mobile carrier. Could you contact them directly to find out the reason behind this error message?

You can also use a different payment method for your subscription. More on that here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, I already contacted them, and they informed me that there is no issue with my sim card. I already tried a different phone number, but the same issue occurred. Also, I am unable to use another payment method because I am currently only able to pay by mobile. Is there any other way to solve this?

Hey @janjaranjan,

Thanks for the reply.

We can't propose further troubleshooting, as this issue seems to be related to the mobile carrier. We advise you once again to contact the carrier to find out if there are any issues with mobile payments.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Dear customer service,

I have had the same problem as the person above in the Philippines, but i'm in Thailand. I have checked with my mobile phone provider, AIS and they confirmed that non-thai nationals are not allowed to use Mpay (mobile payments).

I would like to bring Spotify's attention to the fact that they are many non-thai people leaving in Thailand. But the only payment options are Mpay, or PayPal or credit card.
Paypal cannot be used in Thailand.

This leaves only the credit card option for payment. Many people, including myself do not have a credit card. However, debit cards are accessible to all bank costumers and are now accepted for most online payments.

If Spotify accepted debit cards, many more customers in Thailand would subscribe to Premiums.
It's quite a shame to want to subscribe and not to be able to.

Best,

have you figured it out? the same thing is happening to me right now and I am losing my mind. 

Same problem😭😭😭

Hi folks,

It's best to contact your mobile provider about this issue, as they can help you further.

Take care!

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts