Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, The problem is that I've been trying to get back to my premium subscription but my card has always failed and the error message said I should use a different payment method.

I tried my debit card with a different spotify account and was able to pay so the problem is not the fault of my card. It is definitely a problem with my account. 

I contacted this spotify customer care email and tried everything they asked me to do (incognito and such) but nothing worked. 

5 Replies

Hey @Kings99 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Can you let me know the name of the country you're currently in and what your account's country setting is set to? Please also make sure that your account's country setting matches the country of your issued payment method.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim, 

I am currently in Nigeria, my account country is set to Nigeria and my payment method country is also Nigeria.

I had been paying with no problems with that debit card. All of a sudden it stopped and I tried different cards to pay on my account but it doesn't work but works for a different spotify account. 

Hey @Kings99 ,

Thanks for getting back.

Spotify is aware of difficulties with payments and purchases in Nigeria.

You can check out the ongoing issue at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Difficulties-with-payments-and-purchases-in-Nigeria/....

You could transfer your music library over to the account on which you can actually pay for Premium. If that's something you'd like to do, let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for the help. I'm aware some people are having difficulties in Nigeria but all my friends are paying just fine and my card works for a different Nigerian spotify account. 

I'm interested in transferring libraries. I really dont want to lose my listening history but it's looking like I don't have a choice because I've tried everything and the problem is definitely not from my end.

Hey @Kings99 ,

You can reach out to Support so that they can look into transferring your stuff to the other account: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts