NEXT STEP

My subscription statut is not correct

Solved!

My subscription statut is not correct

Free/Premium : Prenium for Students

Device : Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System : Android

My Question or Issue :

This is not a huge problem but quite disturbing. I have the Prenium for Students and everything works well on my phone and computer but when I go on my account profile on the spotify website it is written that I'm actually using Spotify Free whereas this is not correct. So I don't really understand why my subscription statut is not correct on the website and how to do to correct it.

Thank you !

YnBReveLove

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @YnBReveLove,

Welcome to the community!

That does sound strange. Just to check, is it showing the correct status when you sign in on the Spotify app? Also, are you able to use the premium features via the web player?

There is also a possiblilty you may have more than one account. You can double check for that here: 

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/do-i-have-an-additional-account/

Keep me updated 🙂

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @YnBReveLove,

Welcome to the community!

That does sound strange. Just to check, is it showing the correct status when you sign in on the Spotify app? Also, are you able to use the premium features via the web player?

There is also a possiblilty you may have more than one account. You can double check for that here: 

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/do-i-have-an-additional-account/

Keep me updated 🙂

Robert_WRock Star 11

Thanks for your reply @Robert_W !

That is right, my Facebook account is not connected with the right Spotify account and when I try to connect it, it says this Fb account is already used for another account. So, I go to my Fb page and look for it in my app list and yes my Fb is connected to a Spotify account and when I'm about to remove it there is this message (from facebook) :

"If you remove Spotify, it may delete your Spotify account and activity. Spotify may also still have access to information you previously shared, but can't make additional requests for private information."

As the actual situation is a bit strange (like if these 2 accounts were related together) I'm scared to remove Spotify from my Fb and that removes my true Spotify account with the Prenium statut. Because on the one hand there's on my profile page on the Spotify website my account connected to Facebook but with Spotify Free and on the other hand on my profile (app) with my phone (or computer) it says I have no facebook account connected to my account and there's the Prenium statut activated because I can download musics to listen to it offline and I don't have ads for example (which proves the prenium statut is on).

Then, I think it was when I wanted to connect my facebook account to my spotify one at the begining, at this moment it maybe had a problem and created two different statuts in one account or 2 accounts for 1 same user (me).

I agree it is really weird :s

YnBReveLove

Hey @YnBReveLove,

Thanks for the reply. So to confirm the issue seems to lie with Facebook and not when you try to use Spotify through a web browser?

It does sound like you have two accounts here. However, can you let me know if you have taken a look here to see if you can identify this:

If you do have two acocunts and the one connected to Facebook is a secondary unwanted account you can go head and unlink this from your Facebook.

I hope this helps. Keep me updated!

Robert_WRock Star 11

Hi,

I've tried to see on my device if it was the same user between my phone and the website and yes you're right it was 2 different accounts.

I'm sorry for create a topic without looking for this before.

Thanks for your help !

YnBReveLove

Hi @YnBReveLove,

Don't be sorry - I'm here to help, and it's always great to hear a users issue has been resolved. So thanks for updating me! 

If you ever need any help in the future you know were to come 🙂

All the best!

Robert_WRock Star 11

Suggested posts