Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Devices

Offline Devices

I am quite new to Spotify and up until Christmas I had no issues using two phones and offline music.

I got a Samsung Gear Sport smartwatch with offline music support and music downloads just fine, however I have found that if I do download to it, the phone I downloaded to earliest will be wiped when I go online. The reason given is that I can only have three devices with offline music, I have never exceeded this.

I also have an Amazon Alexa connected to my account but this is only streaming, as far as I understand this should not count as an offline device so should be allowed alongside my three other devices. 

Has anyone else come across this or have a solution. For information,  I do want music on both phones as one is for work and the other is my own,  unfortunately due to Apple car play issues I can only have one phone connected for calls at once so during work hours I use that phone for music in the car.

Thanks

5 Replies

Hey @Theo9799,

Welcome to Spotify! 🎉

I am sorry to hear you have come across some issues though.

Could you check your "Offline Devices' page in your account: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ - Let me know what you see there.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

At the moment I only have the two phones connected.

One is reported as an Android Phone, last updated 4/2/18

The other, which I am guessing will be the iPhone is reported as Linux
Laptop, last updated 4/2/18

I signed out of Spotify on my watch after my IPhone offline music was wiped
this morning . I have just finished downloading everything again.

Hi @Theo9799,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The iPhone should not be classed as Linux, Linux is an operating system ran on computers.

Please could you remove that from your offline devices and see if that makes a difference?

Thanks,

Tom

why https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ can't be open now? and how to see the offline devices now? 

thx

Hey there @Aditpoenja,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community

Unfortunately, the Offline Devices page is no longer available - this would explain why you're having troubles opening it.

In this case, it won't be possible to view your offline devices.

However, if you're having troubles with your downloaded music, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site for more info on what to try next.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts