Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for a year for Premium Individual and a few days later was unsuccessful upgrading to Duo

Solved!

Paid for a year for Premium Individual and a few days later was unsuccessful upgrading to Duo

Ok, so why do I have to lose the $99 I paid for a year's worth of Premium Individual (on July 2, 2021) before Spotify will let me upgrade to the Premium Duo plan...tried to do so just a few days after paying for Premium Individual. I thought I could just pay the difference (around $36) between the two plans, but the rep. said no. He told me that I would have to cancel the Individual plan and then sign up for Duo, and the balance remaining (around $99) in the Individual plan would be lost.

Surely, there is a way to upgrade from Individual to Duo without losing the money I spent on a year's Individual subscription. How can I do so?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the prompt reply Alex. I expect your solution would work just fine to get to Duo from Individual. Unfortunately, I was ticked off at the Spotify rep. and his poorly worded explanation, and since my wife has Amazon Prime, I signed her up for a 3 month trial of Amazon Music Unlimited HD, and then it's $7.99 a month.

I've listened to the same few songs on both Spotify and Amazon, using the same phone and Bluetooth speaker, and the HD quality certainly sounds better than Spotify's Very High audio quality...at least to my ears anyway. 

I've listened to free Spotify for years off and on, and decided I owed the service at least a year of paid service... but when it's time to renew, I'm not sure what I'll do.

Thanks again, 

Steve 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @IN_Fisch,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you've subscribed for Premium Individual you should still be able to subscribe to Premium Family or Duo. Once you subscribe to the new plan your prepaid time will be automatically recalculated to account for the price difference between the subscriptions.

Let us know what error message you're receiving when trying to subscribe for Duo. Attaching a screenshot would also help.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Thanks for the prompt reply Alex. I expect your solution would work just fine to get to Duo from Individual. Unfortunately, I was ticked off at the Spotify rep. and his poorly worded explanation, and since my wife has Amazon Prime, I signed her up for a 3 month trial of Amazon Music Unlimited HD, and then it's $7.99 a month.

I've listened to the same few songs on both Spotify and Amazon, using the same phone and Bluetooth speaker, and the HD quality certainly sounds better than Spotify's Very High audio quality...at least to my ears anyway. 

I've listened to free Spotify for years off and on, and decided I owed the service at least a year of paid service... but when it's time to renew, I'm not sure what I'll do.

Thanks again, 

Steve 

Hey @IN_Fisch,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're sorry for any confusion. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Cheers.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts