Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Parallel streams on Alexa devices

Parallel streams on Alexa devices

Hi,

what subscription do I need to listen to different music on different Alexa devices in different rooms? (i e. Wife is listening in the kitchen, daughter is listening in her room and me listens to music in the living room)

I have some Alexa devices. My Spotify account is connected through the Alexa app.

Many thanks

Best regards 

Matthew

3 Replies

Hey there @CyberWuff

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

It sounds like the best option for you is the Premium Family plan. It's a subscription for up to 6 people who live together, each person with their own personal account. Since every member has their own account, they can listen to their music whenever they want on their own devices, no matter if another member of the plan is listening, as they would be using their own account.

Keep in mind that it's necessary to link the Spotify accounts to the speakers' manufacturer account (in this case Amazon). Therefore, each Spotify account must be linked with an individual speaker manufacturer account and the speaker can only be used by the account that is linked. You can check how to do so here

You might also be interested in Spotify Kids. Right now, the Spotify Kids app is  available in a few select markets, so no worries if you're having troubles seeing it.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ho Eni,

thanks for your answer.

Ok, that means every Alexa device needs to be connected to a different Amazon account and in this Amazon account I could connect the Spotify account.

That's a little bit too much and very complex. And I will lose the Alexa features to manage smart home from all rooms etc.

It would be much better and easier if a Spotify account with a family subscription could stream 6 streams parallel to every device connected to that one account.

Maybe Spotify will think about that and could change that in the future 

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards 

Matthew

Hey @CyberWuff 

Thanks for getting back to us!

We can see how that would be a handy feature and we'll make sure to pass your feedback onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.  

It also seems like the Community folks have already gathered and have created an Idea about this. If you'd like to see that option available, go ahead and check this idea here. Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope you find this useful 🙂 

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts