Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Partner and I both have Premium and want to sign up for Duo now that we live at the same address.

Partner and I both have Premium and want to sign up for Duo now that we live at the same address.

Plan

Premium

Duo

Country

USA

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My partner and I have had our own individual Premium accounts for many years and now that we live in at the same US address we want to switch to Duo. Is it possible to do so without one of us needing to create a new account to link or can both accounts be merged onto the same Duo subscription?

3 Replies

Hey @robocop_hydrobear,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community! 

It's possible to migrate from Premium to Premium Duo with your existing accounts, there is no need to create new ones. You can do that by either going to your account page > scroll down to Your Plan tap on Change Plan and select Premium Duo or by going directly to this link.

If you're gonna be the owner of the Premium Duo, you'll need to invite your partner. There will be only one active subscription, but the accounts are not automatically merged. Once your partner joins the Duo, their individual Premium will be cancelled. Here you can find more info on how to invite a plan member.

Keep in mind that the change will take into effect immediately and your next payment will be earlier because of the price difference. 

If you'd like more detailed info for starting a Duo plan - check out this article.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, 

My partner and I are also on two individual premium plans. I set up Duo for her to join. However, she can't join as Spotify says that we need to live at the same address (we do btw). The issue is that her account is on a Premium Plan in Germany and I am on a Premium Plan in France. When she enters our French address, it says that she is trying to join Duo from a different country. 

We can't change her address in the settings but it says we need to change update the payment information to a French credit card, which we now did. 

Now that it's updated it says the changes will be reflected in her next withdrawal.

Is there not a faster way to resolve it? I already upgraded to the higher DUO subscription and she is paying for her Premium membership as well

Hey @TonyManolo,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The fastest way to resolve this is to cancel the subscription of the account you want to invite to the Duo plan and wait for its subscription to expire. Once the subscription expires, the country settings can be adjusted accordingly. Here is how to change the country settings and here is how to cancel a subscription.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts