Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Update

Solved!

Payment Update

I want to start off by mentioning how infuriating it is that Spotify doesn't actually have customer service. I don't know why it's so infuriating to me, but it is.

I'm trying to update my payment method, and when I click update under the subscriptions page, it just refreshes the page and doesn't bring me to a new page. It's not working on any other browser. I don't know what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I should let everyone know, there is a "contact us" page where you can get to a chat support. I suppose I was wrong. However, it was difficult to find. I recommend just googling "contact us hulu," or something along those lines. The representative I spoke to said it's a bug they're working on, and that the only solution is for them to refresh your account. Since I still had a few weeks left on my billing cycle, they also added time to my account so I didn't lose those days. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

I am having the exact same issue, just keeps refreshing no matter which way i try to update it. 

**bleep** you spotify, wont allow  me to update my payment details due to change of ccard .

FFS get some customer service happening , its ok to take our money but no human help when we need it .

I'm also having this problem. I've tried using Firefox and MS Edge, and with either browser the "update" button on the subscription page just reloads the current page with nowhere to enter in alternate payment details. 

Perhaps Spotify will figure this out when CC's start expiring and they drop a bunch of customers. I suppose there are alternate streaming services out there that are available as a backup... Maybe they even have a human to talk to

You all are not alone - must be a bug. Please Spotify, let me give you my new money!

Experiencing the same issue right now!

I'm also having the same issue, tried multiple browsers and nothing is working

I am having this same problem. Spotify, please respond and tell us the answer to the problem.

I had a change of card and need to put in my information to pay for my subscription.

Marked as solution

I should let everyone know, there is a "contact us" page where you can get to a chat support. I suppose I was wrong. However, it was difficult to find. I recommend just googling "contact us hulu," or something along those lines. The representative I spoke to said it's a bug they're working on, and that the only solution is for them to refresh your account. Since I still had a few weeks left on my billing cycle, they also added time to my account so I didn't lose those days. 

Hope this helps.

I had the same issue. My credit card is expiring so I just need to update the expiry date. The update and change links however only allow me to change my credit card number if I am changing my spotify plan to family, which I do not wish to do. I managed to chat with an agent who explained that I need to cancel my premium, revert to the free plan with ads, and then resubscribe to premium again. All to modify a credit card option?! This doesn't seem very proactive. Most companies will allow you to modify billing in one simple step. In fact, by having the customer cancel their premium, who says they won't be tempted to stay off of it? Lots of time and energy wasted just to change an expiry date. Hope this will be simplified for future customers. Common sense.

Un real, so who owns Spotify? Is he or she on a beach someplace? I have the same problem. I cant undate my credit card info. So who out there sells music,  that cares about their customers.  Good Bye Spotify

The same things happening to me I need to change my card details and it just refreshes the page when you press update. Spotify needs a contact line!

I had the same issue my my solution was to cancel my premium subscription then getting subscription again with new credit card hope this helps

I'm also having the same problems to update my card info. Can someone give us a solution?

many of us are having similar issues with updating the credit card information (see subscription gripes via threads posted for 'payment update' or 'payment problems' or 'changing credit card' or 'cannot update payment details' etc). If you cannot update, the only solution is to cancel your subscription and resubscribe to the plan you had (which is ludicrous). you will see similar discussions posted as 'resolved' when this is clearly still an ongoing problem with most customers!! You are not alone. Having to unsubscribe to a plan then re-subscribe to it in order to change credit card information is simply a band-aid solution. Spotify needs to really fix this problem.

I have been using spotify for quite a few years now and it seems like everytime I have to change an expiration date I have to do this, come the f*ck on spotify, get with it and make this easier for you customers 😕

Best solution is to cancel and rejoin with a new email address . If they
can’t fix that simply issue , then we can rort the system and use a new
email every few months .

I’m just going to change my email address and then start a new subscription
with the 2 months free offer on spotify’s Website . Since they can’t fix
this issue , I’ll rort the system

I'm having this issue as well! VERY ANNOYING. I'm trying to listen to ad-free music but Spotify won't accept my money. Really considering re-activating my Apple Music subscription because of this. This is ridiculous. Spotify, please get this solved.

This is February 28th 2022 (4 years after this issue was posted). I am having the same issue. A support article says to go to my Account and check Your Plan. Well there _is_ _no_ Your Plan link, box, or otherwise???

I keep getting a "no valid payment" emails but there is no way to actually update my payment method. What the hey Spotify? You don't want money???

Suggested posts