Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment failed. Please try again later or use a different card

Payment failed. Please try again later or use a different card

Plan

Free/Premium

Country
South Africa

My Question or Issue

My bank card that I was using expired last month after Spotify deducted from my account. Now with the new card that I have when I input the details it tells me that the payment has failed.

I have been to my bank and everything is still in order from their side, I just want to listen to music uninterrupted...

3 Replies

Hey, @JPKruger 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

About your issue, first I suggest that you take a look at this article below and follow the instructions there:

After double-checking all those instructions, if the problem persists, let me know!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, just count on me! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried all of the steps in the above mentioned, yet I still get the issue. I even tried it with another of my cards and I still got the same issue. Can someone tell me if my account got restricted cause it got denied the debit order or what the story here is?

Hey again, @JPKruger 

Sorry for the delay...

If a user tries too many times to take Premium, the account will get a temporary block which prevents it from becoming Premium. I think that is what is happening with you...

I suggest that you try again in a few days, or create a new account. You can get all the music from the old to the new account by visiting the profile of the old account using a computer and drag and dropping all music into one of their own playlist.

I'd really appreciate if you wait some days and try again or create a new account and try to get the Premium. Whatever, keep me posted about your case, please.

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts