Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment failed. try again or use a different payment method

Payment failed. try again or use a different payment method

Hello!

I recently moved to Romania and I got a new Romanian credit card. I previously lived in a country that did not have Spotify so I just got it recently when I moved here. I don't have Spotify premium but every time I try to get it (there's no PayPal or any other methods of payment besides credit card here) it just says that my payment failed. I wait a couple days then try again and it says the same thing. I've tried on my phone and computer and iPad and it still does not work. My country is set to Romania and the card is Romanian and set to allow foreign purchases so someone please help!!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 11.53.26 AM.png
8 Replies

Hey @lailadarwish,

please make sure your card meets all the requirements to purchase Spotify Premium.

Card_Problems_Twitter.png

Also you should take a look at this support site, follow the troubleshooting there, and try a different payment method as a last resource.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried all of those and my card is working correctly. My bank said everything is allowed. Still not working.

Same to me! this is kind of anoying, I just recently change card and I cannot get it registred.

The same issue here.

I tried three different cards, that are all working for other services like Apple etc., but they get declined by spotify.

Different browsers etc. nothing helps.

I would like to go premium but it is not working at all...

Christoph

Hey again @blackforest3@lailadarwish and @HarioMix,

in this case I’d recommend to get in touch with the support so they can take a look at your account backstage.

You can contact the support trough this link.

Also it can be reached through Twitter via @spotifycares or trough the Spotifycares Facebook site.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same here (London), bank debit card, amex platinum, and visa black credit card - all fail when trying to buy a friend a premium gift card.

I will try the advice as per above, but posting here as it shouldn't be necessary to hunt for solutions, making it easy for a customer to pay is kind of a basic fundamental "must have" for good business.

E.

(and making me reconfirm I am not a robot because part way through writing this is... just very very irritating!)

.. And giving up, I will buy her something else as present, may try again at Christmas if I remember.

Spotify premium is good but I would ask them why it doesn't work and truthfully if I has been buying this for myself (I brought something else as a present for my friend in the end) I would expect an apology and perhaps a free month.

E.

And I am STILL not a robot... bad coding,, here as it shouldn't be necessary to check so many times = more bad customer experience.  Attached pic for irony factor...

Screenshot_20180504-131934.png

Suggested posts