Free/Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Oppo A9 2020

Operating System

Android 9 COLOR OS 6

My Question or Issue

Why the Spotify deducted me again? I already paid last Friday (06/12/2020) for my subscription and right now (06/16/2020) Spotify deducted me again. Please I want reimbursement for this or change the date of my next bill. Please see the attached file for your reference. Thank you

*community rock star edit - removed personal information*

6 Replies

Hey @iamgiovannajack,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind taking a look here to confirm the charges you mentioned are both for the Spotify account you're currently accessing?

If you don't see both charges, it's likely that either the first charge was a pre-authorization one (to double-check your card is good for a Premium subscription) which will be refunded or that you have subscribed to Premium twice with two different accounts. If you'd like to double-check how many Spotify accounts you have at the moment, take a look here. If you find a second Premium, follow these steps to cancel the subscription. Regarding your refund policy, you'll find some useful info here.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mario,

I have no other accounts aside for this one. Please see attached file for your reference. If you cannot be able to refund, just kindly change the date of my subscription. Thank you

IMG_20200616_104308.jpg
IMG_20200616_163255.jpg

Hey @iamgiovannajack,

Thanks for your reply. 

To change the day of your Spotify payment:

1. Cancel your current subscription.
  2. After your account page changes Spotify Free (under Your plan), you can resubscribe to Premium on the day you’d like to be charged.

You'll now be charged on or around this day each month. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with and have a good day!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @Mario,

Thanks for your reply, if ever I will do this process, will the amount charged be credited as an advance payment, since I was charged twice for this month?

Hello!

Please reply to me @Mario, if you can't help me on my concern. Is there someone who can help on this? If ever I will do this process, will the amount charged be credited as an advance payment, since I was charged twice for this month? Please see the attached file for your reference. Thank you

IMG_20200616_104308.jpg
IMG_20200616_163255.jpg

Hi there @iamgiovannajack,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We're happy to shed some light on the situation 🙂

If you're seeing two payments within one month, it's possible that the previous payment couldn't be processed on your regular billing date and that's why you were charged twice the next month. You can check your receipts to keep track of all your payments.

For more info we'd suggest reaching out to our billing partner Fortumo (for payments through your mobile provider) to check the status of the payment for you. You can visit their support center here

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts