Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo cannot play on two devices simultaneously

Premium Duo cannot play on two devices simultaneously

I share my Premium Duo plan with my wife. We noticed that we cannot play two simultaneous streams today. It must be some new/recent development; it worked before without issues. When she starts a song, my stream gets paused. And vice versa. I use the Windows Desktop application while she streams from her iPhone. We are both home, so we have the same (external) IP address. Is there any solution?

5 Replies

Hey @TomasKarban ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

I recommend making sure that you're both using your own accounts on your devices. 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, we tried again today. I am using my account, and my wife is using hers. We are correctly set up for Premium Duo accounts; the app shows that for both of us. Yet, we cannot play two streams simultaneously. If I push play, her music is paused. When she taps the play button, I get paused. Very sad.

Hey @TomasKarban ,

Apologies for my late response, I totally missed your post. 🙂

Can you please both log out of the Spotify app on your devices and then log back in, making sure that you both use different login credentials (own email address and password)?

I also recommend heading to the apps page and choose REMOVE ACCESS for the app's as this might also be causing this.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

We've tested the scenario again today. It works fine now; we did not have to do anything special. We are a happy couple again.

Best regards and thanks for your help.

Tom

I have the same issue!

Suggested posts