NEXT STEP

Premium Duo

Premium Duo

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have a premium duo account but I still get ads while the other person doesnt, what's going on??

8 Replies

Hey @Andy233es, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you try logging out > restart device > log back in? If that doesn't work, can you let me know if you're getting ads on a podcast, or whenever you play songs? 

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think it's just songs I have done much podcast listening. 😞

Also restarting the device didn't work

Hey @Andy233es,

Thanks for the info!

Could you let me know what your subscription status says here? If it says Free, follow these steps and attach a screenshot of your Receipts page. Make sure to hide sensitive information when you’re posting to the Community.

If it says Premium, try logging out > restart the device > log back in in the Spotify app, and let me know if you’re able to use your Premium features, such as no ads, unlimited skips.

You can also follow the steps provided in this support article and let me know if they make a difference.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I just recently converted to Premium Duo as the primary account holder. The secondary has successfully added duo to their account but are still receiving ads after completing suggested troubleshooting steps. 

Hey there @Daniellena

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

In this case, we suggest that you ask them to log out and then log back in to their account two times in a row. This will trigger a sync between their account and device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking them to head to their Account page and check if the subscription is active?

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same problem. Although my husband bought a premium duo today... and sign in sign out several tielmes trick did not work... the account is still the free or trial account.... please advise 

Hey @Lili233,

When you purchase Premium Duo, the main Duo account will get a confirmation per email on the linked email account. If you have received one and the Spotify account still doesn't switch the subscriptions, please reach out to our support folks over here. They will be able to view your accounts and identify where the issue lies.
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts