NEXT STEP

Premium Trial Pending on my bank statement but Spotify says payment failed

Premium Trial Pending on my bank statement but Spotify says payment failed

Plan

Free/Premium 3 month trial

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I have been trying multiple times under my account to purchase the three-month trial for premium but each time I try it says payment failed. Yet however, when I log onto my bank statement, it shows a long list of pending purchases for Spotify (presumably for each time I tried to reenter my card and try again). They all say pending but the premium isn't activated on my account. I don't want to be charged like eight times once the 'trial' is up. I've tried logging out and logging back in. My account still shows free, not premium and my bank said nothing is wrong with my card. I don't know what to do!

1 Reply

Hey @Madeline03 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. 

You can try using a different payment method if you're receiving an error message 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts