Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with a gift card

Problems with a gift card

My Question or Issue

I received a gift card for Christmas but when I tried to redeem it, an error appears and didn't work.

Could you help me, please?

Plan

My current plan is free, the gift card is 6 months premium.

Country

Germany

Operating System

Android

14 Replies

Hi @Caroariasglez

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Just a heads up:

• Gift cards are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
  • They're not redeemable in conjunction with other discounts or promotions, such as Premium for Family, Premium for Students, or trial offers.
  • Spotify gift cards can only be redeemed on Spotify accounts registered in the same country where they were purchased.
  • If you bought your gift card from a store, it might not have been activated when purchased. Please return to the store and ask them to activate it.
  • Other Terms and Conditions may apply.

How to redeem a gift card: 

1. Log in to spotify.com/redeem
  2. Enter the PIN on the back of the card, or the code from your receipt.
  3. Click Redeem.

Make sure you enter the code correctly. For example: try 0 (zero) instead of O, and I instead of l (lower case L).

I'd recommend trying to redeem it in an incognito/private window in your browser. 

I hope it helps! 

Dea Emilia_8,
Thank you for your prompt answer.
I followed your instructions but it still doesn't work. I hope you can give further advice.
BR
Carolin

Hi @Caroariasglez

Thank you for giving it a try! 

Could you say what kind of error you see? 

A screenshot of the error page would be really helpful. Just make sure there's no sensitive info displayed. 

Here you are.Thank you!

IMG_20191227_170848.jpg

Hi @Caroariasglez

Thank you so much for the screenshot!

You can check if the code hasn’t already been redeemed. You can check this on your account page. You can also check to see if you have any other accounts you might have applied it to.

If everything looks fine, could you try to redeem your gift card on a different device, using incognito mode as well? 

Keep me posted!

Hi Emilia_8,

I have already tried it, with mobile, notebook and tablet... But still doesn't work

Is your account currently on a free trial?

Hi Erin_Brexter,

I have a free account now. I had the premium 3-months trial until November, 16th.

I really don't know what's wrong...

Check to make sure you are not accidentally entering the number zero when it should be the letter O, or the other way around.

You may need to contact Spotify to get this fixed. You can use the contact form here:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify

Hi Erin_Braxter,

Thank you for your help. I have just contacted Spotify.

I keep you posted

Carolina

Hi @Caroariasglez

Thank you for your patience!

As @Erin_Baxter suggested, in this case you can reach out to Customer Support

If you could include the following info in the email to speed up the process, it would be great:

• the email address of the account where you want to redeem the code
  • photos of front/back and receipt of the card (with PIN code and serial number showing)

Have a nice day!

I would love to hear if they get that fixed for you, and how it gets fixed.

I bought a gift card several months ago, and I got the same error message. When I contacted Spotify on Twitter, the customer service was awful. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences in customer service I have ever had.

Hi,

I contacted Spotify Support and the applied the code.

My experience has been very positive. I wrote them in Sunday and they solved the problem in less than 24 hours.

Thank you very much to Emilia_8 and Eein_Baxter for your help!

Have a nice week

Carolina

Hi @Caroariasglez

Thank you for sharing!

I'm glad everything worked out for you. 

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts