NEXT STEP

Seeing ads despite having Premium subscription

Seeing ads despite having Premium subscription

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android 12 w/ Spotify 8.7.54.403

My Question or Issue

I've been on the Premium plan for quite some time and recently Spotify started showing me ads out of nowhere (screenshot). How do I disable them?

2022-07-30 13.14.43.png
7 Replies

Hey @FrederickZh

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

One of the most important features of the Premium subscription, is the ability to listen to your favorite music Ad-free.

However, the screenshot you sent is showing a notification for a new offer, and not an ad. You can disable these notifications by entering your settings in the mobile app, scrolling down and selecting Notifications. Make sure to toggle off all the notifications you don't want to receive (either push, or email).

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you,**bleep** have disabled all notifications and will report
back if I see any offers/ads again.

Hey @FrederickZh

You're welcome! Give us a shout if they pop up again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Oscar,

I'm using Android Spotify 8.7.58.463 now and today I saw ads again (screenshot #1).

This time it was straight up an ad, not an 'offer'. It was asking me to switch to Family plan at the very original JPY 1580/mo price. (And let's be honest, 'offers' are always ads, no exception. They are literally 'advertising' your services. It's the definition of ads.)

This time I had everything turned off in Notifications (screenshot #2). Please let me know how such ads can be completely turned off. Thank you.

2022-08-26 16.53.43.png
2022-08-26 14.17.45.png

Hi there @FrederickZh,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided screenshots.

Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, but sometimes you can see some banners and messages for Spotify products or new music releases you might enjoy which seems to be the case here. 

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback about this notification and we'll be sure to pass it on to the right team.

We hope that this cleared things up for you. If you have any questions we're always one post away.

Have a great continued weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you, Jeremy! Spotify had offered great convenience to me. Sometimes I was in a hurry and I was able to pop my headphones on and almost rely on muscle memory to unlock my phone, launch Spotify, and tap on the play button; however now I have to worry about pop-ups ambushing me, and it's even more concerning that this isn't considered a downgrade of the core Spotify experience which may lead to an uptick of the frequency of such pop-ups.

I understand it's becoming more and more competitive out there but I frankly don't think it's ever a way out at the cost of user experience. If removing these pop-ups is difficult please at least provide an option to paid users to disable them. Thanks again 🙂

You pushed the George Michael thing at me for weeks. How about if I swipe something away 3 times, you never show me it again. I pay for this service, stop feeding me ads

Suggested posts